Freetime dummy here!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by suitemichelle, Apr 27, 2008.

1. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Freetime dummy here!

I've been having so much fun making my simmies learn ballet, to play the violin and all the arts and crafty stuff, that I totally missed that they can have the double lifetime aspiration now. I accidently brought it up by tapping on the skinny asperation meter... so since I made one an athlete that wants to be popular and the other a love-family sim. How much of a paradox is that?

So I want to know what interesting combinations of sims are you making out there?

2. buzaranha

buzaranha New Member

Hi! It took me a few days to notice the double aspiration too, I was busy building.

I have a very funny granddad with a romance lifetime aspiration and fromage fondu as second aspiration. Everything he wants is to talk with women about fromage fondu and, apparently, they adore the subject heheh Right after falling in love, his first strong wish is not to woohoo, but to serve a sandwich au fromage fondu to his new love :')

3. Figwit

Figwit New Member

Well I worked out the second aspiration - does that make me brilliant. NO! I will explain more in a minute. My favourite combination is knowledge/romance. I love knowledge Sims because they are so happy to learn skills and the romance thing just spices them up a bit. I also have romance/family Sims which might be a bit of an odd combination. I figure that they can play around and if a happy accident occurs then they won't be too devastated. I haven't tried the cheese one but that sounds so funny.

My lack of brilliance? I have just worked out - after many months of play, that you can actually choose different bedspreads. It was a puzzle to me that I kept downloading pretty bed covers but could never find them. I won't confess about always choosing the blue cot either because that is just too dumb. Doh!

4. quirkysmirks

quirkysmirks New Member

I actually haven't figured out how to do the second aspiration! I thought before it was because I had already created a family, but when I made a new one, I still couldn't figure it out. What do you have to do? :eek:

As for combinations, I'm hoping to create a popularity/pleasure and a popularity/knowledge sim, defy the popular-geek oxymoron a bit. =)

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

To make the second aspiration, they need to have aspiration points to do it. (It's usually not very hard.) Go to the Aspiration Rewards section and you'll see a family icon. Click on the icon and it brings up a square with greyed out things on it, and the lowest level with colored things. In the upper left hand corner it tells you how many aspiration points you can distribute as you wish over the colored things. (If you check the lowest colored one, the next lowest will now light up as colored if you have enough points to go there.)

The far right column has the ability to have a second aspiration as its lowest box. When you click on that it brings up the wheel with the various aspirations on it. You choose one from those.