Troubleshooting Freezes straight after intro

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by cutupxangels, Jan 7, 2007.

1. cutupxangels

cutupxangels New Member

Freezes straight after intro

Hi,

As soon as the intro movie has finished it gets stuck on the 'sims 2' screen and then nothing happens. I have to press ctrl/alt/del to close the application and next to it is the message that the program isn't responding =/

I downloaded the latest patch for it but that didn't help, so as a last resort I've uninstalled and reinstalled it completely, but it's still doing the same thing *is sad*

It can't be a problem with our computer because it played without any problems the other month, and the whole system is up to date so it isn't the drivers/video card etc.

I'm wondering if it's got something to do with one of the discs? Although I should imagine it wouldn't even install if that were the case.

Ugh, I don't know! If anyone else does though, I would greatly appreciate your help :)

2. .juice

.juice New Member

Try going into the movie's file, usually

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Movies

and delete "ealogo_audio.movie" and "intro_eng_audio.movie"

hopefully that will fix it. If not, now the sims loads faster!

3. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

How long are you giving it before you cancel your game? I know on some days it seems like it will take my game 5 minutes just before the bar starts moving.

Also...instead of deleteing the intro movie, you can just push any key on your keyboard or click the mouse when the movie starts to skip it.

4. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

It might have something to do with your downloads. If you have a lot this will make the game load slower, sometimes taking up to 10 minutes. Launch the game and go do something else, and when you come back see if anything has happened.

5. Yarmond

Yarmond New Member

I'm having this same problem and i have deleted all of my downloads and reinstalled the game. I even updated my drivers and it still always freezes at this one spot at the loading screen. i don't know what to do????? please does anyone know????​

6. Mr.Sober

Mr.Sober New Member

Tell everyone more detail of what ur hardwear is.

7. mr.music

mr.music Need a DJ?

have you patched the game?