How Do I frozen legacy sim!!! quick replies appreciated!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by hobolover, Feb 24, 2007.

1. hobolover

hobolover New Member

frozen legacy sim!!! quick replies appreciated!

okay so a legacy i am currently working on has been going great until my legacy starter's son (His name is Sirius) froze. While running toward the phone. :eek: He is not the heir and to be honest i really wouldnt mind it if he died, but he's frozen and in the way, and his mother (her name is Julie) is still active, but is stuck between him and the phone. I can't move the phone because it is technically still in use so Julie is stuck. The heir and her dad are fine, but will they get stuck, too, if they acccidentally wander across SIrius and Julie? :confused: And is it possible to unfreeze them? I've been playing sims awhile (i had almost all the original sim games, too) so i know how to use cheats, i just usually prefer not to.

Other info:
    -THe only cheat i've used in the game is motherlode, kaching, and aging off/on (though with this family i've only used aging on/off)
    -the only downloads i have now are from the sims 2 official site

Thanks!

2. craziisimmer

craziisimmer New Member

The only thing i can recommend, would be to use the cheat "moveobjects on" to move the heir from around the phone, and move the mother as well, ive had this happen, and when you move them they will just reset and move to another location nearby. Just make sure NOT TO HIT DELETE WHILE HAVING THEM SELECTED, and after you're finished, make sure you type "moveobjects off" in the cheat box.

HINT: you might want to save your game before you try this, just in case it doesn't work, you can exit without saving. Hope this helps:D Sorry if it doesn't work.

3. hobolover

hobolover New Member

okay thanks sooo much! :rolleyes: i think i'll try that! if it doesnt work, at least i still have the heir and her dad to carry on the legacy. the stuck guy wasnt the heir anyway and his mom is only related by marriage, so the bloodline will stay intact! lol thanks again

4. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Actually I'm going to tell you somthing slightly different which will work. What craziisimmer told you will work to get your sim out of the way but it won't always unfreeze him.

you have two options:

1. use the cheat "moveobjects on" grab your sim that is stuck. Now hit the delete button and delete him. Save your game and exit to the neighborhood. Go back into your game and your deleted sim will be standing next to the mailbox good as new. You're also going to have to delete the phone and buy a new one if you use this option.

2. use the cheat "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" Now hold down shift and right click on your sim that is stuck...a bunch of options will come up. Chose the one that says "force error"; this will trigger a pop up box saying an error has occured. Choose the option of reset; your sim should go back to normal. Do the same thing with the phone as the phone needs to be reset now.

When you're done with whichever cheat you use type in "moveobjects off" (if you used that one) or "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false" (if you used that one).

5. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Yes, the "MoveObjects" cheat that Shana suggested is (I believe) the only cheat that is allowed during a Legacy Challenge (if you are playing strictly by the rules!)

6. Rozzalina

Rozzalina Dream Catcher

what is the legacy challenge?
    *hides face in the shame of not knowing*

7. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

The Legacy Challenge is one which is very strict about not using any sorts of cheats. You can use the "move objects" cheat if something is stuck and won't work, but not just to make things easier.

It was started because some people find that the game is too easy and gets boring too quickly if they use any kind of cheat. But people enjoy having these special familes.

You can find more information about specifics in the "Game Challenges" section on the official site:
    http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/communit...ot.1,item.43,item.61,item.104,item.41,item.23

8. Rozzalina

Rozzalina Dream Catcher

oh, thank you!! I don't really know any cheats anyway, so I think almost all my families are part of the legacy challenge!!!
    Thanks for the link, there is another link on there with all sorts of rules (I'm sure this is all old news to you, but I will post it anyway!)
    http://www.legacychallenge.com/

9. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

To my mind the beauty of Sims 2 legacy challenges is that players are entirely on their honour concerning cheats. I suspect that the full-blown challenge is practically impossible without the need for some stuck-sim/object removals.

The game is really quite robust (doesn't break too often) which quite reassuring because if you read the error logs it sometimes looks as though something is going wrong every few seconds. Even with free will on and little or no intervention by the player, objects can get blocked by a sim whose action is cancelled by an in-game error routine (for example a chair at a dining table cannot be used because it is waiting for a visiting sim, who has long since left). Such items can only be be removed by using the moveobjects on cheat. Sadly this causes a small loss of simoleons to the family since furniture depreciates, so a replacement chair costs more than you get for selling the old one.

Now although it isn't a part of the "official" legacy rules, I see no harm (or deception if you keep quiet about it cos some players are bit sniffy on such matters) in using the debug mode to Force Error > Reset on objects that have become unusable. Debug mode is the proper name for the
    boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true command.

In the end it is a matter of conscience. If the game snarls up for no reason due to you then it seems wrong to deny yourself the opportunity to fix the problem just because of rule than nobody is going to enforce.

Like I said the probablity of going through 10 generations without getting a snarl up or ten is close zero. This isn't a bad reflection on the game, it's a just a fact of life for complex data-processing operations involving multiple layers of random, and pseudo-random, computerized decisions. So it is fair to say that the Official Legacy Challenge is effectively impossible. The real challenge is to achieve a good score with the least possible interference.