Troubleshooting Funky blue-torsoed vampire

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by surprised_by_witches, Oct 8, 2007.

1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Funky blue-torsoed vampire

I had a teen become a vampire the other night and her body from the neck down is a different color from her face: a pale blue. Her brother turned out OK, but she's funky looking.

Also, my adult male vampires now have floating teeth meshes following them around. Two little glowing blue air fangs. Same thing happens with all of my custom jewelry and eye patches.

Is this because I haven't updated CEP in a while? Or could there be another culprit?

I can't update my video drivers so if you tell me it's that I'll just have to go stab myself with a pen. And then live with funky vampires. (My video card has a known compatibility problem with Windows XP--if I update the drivers we can't use the video player, any video player, and that makes hubby cranky. So I can't. Don't ask me to.)

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

My bad! Could this spell the end for vampirism in Veronaville? :eek:

Sorry SBW. No idea what's causing that. It doesn't seem likely to be a CEP issue (CEP is for object recolors; genetics recolors being the province of Body Shop and as such have always been supported.)

Not even sure if graphics drivers would be the cause.

My best bet is that this is an example of an odd BV bug.

If the problem is not consistent, you might try curing her and then then re-'infecting' her to see if the changeover is consistently bad for her.

Also try making a few trial sims in a virgin neighborhood and make them all vampires using debug mode to see how they turn out.

Wish I could help more. :(

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

That's the very solution I was going to try next. Just wanted to see if a newer version of CEP would help. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Don't worry. I won't get rid of my vamps. It's just that the pictures may look a bit funny at times.