SimCity 4 Game Development!

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by ManagerJosh, Nov 3, 2002.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Game Development!

Just food for thought but heck. This forum is great for people who have ideas and hopefully can implement it into the game

I'd like to have a city eye view of everything rather than birds eye view. Plus I'd like it if we could see the city through our Sims eyes rather than looking at it from a third-party spectator.

2. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Hmmm. I hope I understand you right here Josh. You want ideas around how to build and play when SC4 comes out? Is that it??

(knows she doesn't get it at all sometimes)

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

IT is more for suggestions on how to improve the current gameplay (and give ideas for an expansion pack should maxis ever make one)

4. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Aha.... That's something to chew on I think. ;)

*starts to think*

5. golfbunny

golfbunny New Member

uhoh thats the 'tycoon' series look.... and believe me we do not want simcity to be anything like any tycoon games

6. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

We dont? How come? I have no Tycoon games and know little to nothing about them.
    Why don't you write reviews about them and post as threads under "Other gaming titles". :)
    That would be very interesting to read. :classic:

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I only have Zoo Tycoon... what I'm picturing with what Josh said about walking around the city more from a city level or sims eye level point of view instead of a bird's eye overview sounded pretty different from the Zoo Tycoon game to me!! It's a bird's eye view kind of game.... is there something I don't know about the other Tycoon games??

8. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

In Theme Park world you can go down at groundlevel and "walk" around. It's pretty amazing actually. If that's the thing - yes it would be really great!!! :classic:

9. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

oh I never knew that!! :) I may have to start learning more about ALL sims-like games.... or maybe I shouldn't... if I want to have any time, sanity, or money left!! haha! ;)

10. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

That was very true Fae. :classic: when I get all upgraded.. hehe.. I don't know if i even dare to put any games in. ;) I have a lot of other work to do on this computer, that always gets delayed.. *sighes* To much fun around here I guess. :classic:;)

11. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I now have my hubby's old high school friend telling us all about TONS of games... he owns EVERY current gaming system though!! I keep saying, um, can THAT be played on a PC??!!

I think I will always love sims and sims-related games best!!!

12. sam_lawrence

sam_lawrence SimCity Moderator

I think one of the Landmarks should be the Daytona race track or any famous race track, and they could have cars that actually race around it.

13. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Lol Sam! Of course you want that! Cars are your passion right? :) But why not one of the bigger racetracks for horses??? ;)

14. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

ooh I hadn't even started wondering about the landmarks yet...

15. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

I would like something really special like a symbol for worldpeace or someting like that. :)

16. sam_lawrence

How about a giant sculpture of a Flower covered VW Kombi.

17. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Nahh rather a "Herbie" then :LOL:

18. sam_lawrence

Hehe.. you really like Herbie dont ya? :p :)

19. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Yes I certainly do!!! I had a Herbie for many years. I took my licence in it too. Hmph.

*puts her foot down and pouts*

20. DarkMan

DarkMan New Member

remember streets of sim city and how u could port ur sc2000 cities and drive around in them?All will needs to do is to make a version of that for sc4