Troubleshooting Game launcher appears, i press play and game shuts

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by CCP, Jan 6, 2011.

1. CCP

CCP New Member

Someone closed my previous threat but I'm not exactly sure why. I'm new to this site so I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing...anyway...Today I purchased The Sims 3. I installed it successfully on my mac laptop (macbook mac os x 10.5.8). The installation successfully completed, after the sims 3 launcher comes up and I click the play button the application quits. Initially an error message did appear but I don't recall what it says. I uninstalled the sims 3 and reinstalled it and now the same problem occurs and no error messages appears but a new problem has occurred. I press play and the game launcher goes disappears and then a box appears saying "an update for the sims 3 is available do you want to download and install update now?" If I click no the sims shuts down completely and if i click yes it appears the download starts but then eventually another box appears saying something like "there are no new patches" or the download box simply just disappears. PLEASE HELP!

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

The previous thread was closed because it was posted in a forum for the Sims 2.
    Have you made sure your hardware specs are okay for the game? (I don't mean the video specs but the cpu speed and ram )
    You might also look through the sims wiki site and see if you can find anything MAC related in there.
    http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3_Game_Help