Troubleshooting Game Running Slower After Enhancements

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by ssnake eyess, Oct 13, 2006.

1. ssnake eyess

ssnake eyess New Member

Game Running Slower After Enhancements

Well... My game and computer started running a lot slower after enhancing all the graphics. I did a lot. I changed everything from low to high and put reflections on [which didn't even seem to work]. Anyway, after that my gameplay and computer both started to run slower. So I just changed everything back to low and shut reflections off and it still would run slow. So i decided to uninstall the game for now and wait a little while before playing again. A day or two maybe? I don't know. So so far it's the first day that the Sims 2 is uninstalled on my computer. And now the top of the desktop cuts off and I don't know if that has to do with the sims or not. Any suggestions?

2. Dylan00

Dylan00 Hello ^_^

First, What Video card do you have?
    (Or maybe post all your Specs)
    Second, Are you sure its the game? Because you might have caught some nasty virus(theres one going around at the moment, slows your computer down then after a while it wrecks it, its called the Timebomb virus)
    Anyway thats all I can think of, If im Wrong I suggest asking one of the more Computer Technical Members.:)

3. ssnake eyess

ssnake eyess New Member

No, I know it isn't a virus. I just got my computer. And besides it has all sorts of pop-up blockers and virus protections and firewalls up. And I know it's the game because when i uninstalled it and the computer worked fine. But thanks for tryin to help, I reinstalled it and it works perfectly again.