Troubleshooting Game to laggy to play

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Bowlerguy92, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Bowlerguy92

Bowlerguy92 New Member

Game to laggy to play

Sigh. Im really sad. I bought this game a number of months ago and found out that the game will not run. It lags SEVERLY when im moving the camera and when people walk around the house even when the camera is still and not moving. Its rediculus. I more than meet the requirments. I can play games such as americas army and half life and i cant play this. Are there any solutions? My specs are.

1.8 Ghz Pentium 4 M

512 Ram

ATI Radeon mobility 7500

XP Pro.

So what is the deal? I have tried uninstalling it and downloading patches and reinstalling it and using programs to help speed it up. Please help.

2. simcrazy5000

simcrazy5000 Random Crazy Person

Hmmmmm

The Only thing i can possibly think of is that you're lacking in RAM I know it says 256 mb or what ever and 512 is twice that BUT Windows itself already takes up about half of your RAM so just upgrade your RAM and you should be running smoothly, HAVE FUN

P.S. Happy Halloween!!!

3. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

It shouldn't be running like that unless you've turned up your graphics settings. Doing that will decrease your game performance significantly.

Also, you said what card you had, but you didn't state what the video memory was. If it is less than 128mb, especially since your notebook video card is one of the older ones, then it will take more time to render the action. When the base game came out, we were not recommending anyone to use anything less than a Radeon 9200 or FX5200 (desktop, not mobility), and of course, with EPs, those may not always suffice.

4. danom8

danom8 New Member

I know what your problem is, The ATI Mobility Radeon is a laptop graphics cards. You need the ATI Radeon 8500 or geater if you want to use a ATI graphics Card.

I had the same problem with my last laptop, I recently bought the DELL LATTITUDE D620 and it works great.

Hope This Helps!

5. simcrazy5000

simcrazy5000 Random Crazy Person

that would make it slow(er) but the game would be able to run on a lower graphics card such as the one described...But i did think of something - you should try checking the graphics settings within the game to make sure they aren't too high to slow the game down.

6. smitben

smitben New Member

graphics

i just brought the fx 5200 with 128 mb will that be enought to play the sims 2 smootly with no lag

7. veruaffe

veruaffe New Member

well it should work.. why dont you try updating your graphics card drivers?