Troubleshooting Game Unplayable Due to V. Bad Graphics Problems

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by virtuallytess, Feb 27, 2011.

1. virtuallytess

virtuallytess New Member

It seems that this has only been a problem since I started using a 1600x900 widescreen monitor; since then, despite changing the resolution, the graphics have been "skewed" exactly as described by Zack in their post here: http://uoem.com/forums/threads/graphic-problems.21329/; in fact everything they're saying is true as well in my case, although I don't know that our computer specs are the same. My graphics driver is a RADEON 9550, current driver 6.14.10.6512 if that means anything. When in the middle of the game, as was the case with Zack, I would receive a message that read "Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered." I also have the same dimming problem that Zack has/had; when my screen goes entirely black it says that my monitor is going to sleep, at which point I have to restart my computer altogether. This has been less of an issue since I adjusted the resolution, however.
    Does anyone have any advice as to what might be my issue?
    Thanks, Tess

2. virtuallytess

virtuallytess New Member

By the way, anytime I go into the Create-A-Sim mode, my game immediately goes black.

3. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Could you please post your dxdiag so we can know your system specs. Thanks

4. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Sounds like the graphics card is either going bad (which I've had happen) or isn't good enough for the new monitor (which I've seen happen to others.) A DxDiag would be helpful.