News Gamepyre reviews The Sims 2 Ikea Home Stuff

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Judhudson, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

Gamepyre reviews The Sims 2 Ikea Home Stuff

For example, I have no complaints in the actual stuff department. All the objects are rendered beautifully, and with the exception of the bathroom and the kitchen, you can decorate an entire house using just IKEA products. As a matter of fact, all three houses featured in the screenshots only use IKEA stuff (minus the bathroom and kitchen). The only exception to my design was the outside decorations like the white picket fence, and the stone driveway featured with one of the houses.

Honestly, I think that the only reason we do not see any kitchen or bathroom appliances in the IKEA expansion pack is because the Sims 2 already has a kitchen and bathroom expansion pack and EA doesnt want the sales of that pack to go down. The only problem with the graphics is the 55 wall paint and flooring designs. In my opinion, about 75% of them are for the lack of a better word, lame. But there are a few in the 55 that are worth applying to your home. You be the judge. However, considering that until this expansion pack I was not aware of IKEA, my taste in decoration is probably not that good.

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

I agree some of the walls and floors were rather lame but there were a few that were pretty nice looking!

3. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Don't be too hard on yourself. Until an IKEA was built in a neighboring town, I thought IKEA was just like a Pier One or World Market. I had no idea how extensive their selection of furniture was.

I have the EP, I just haven't installed it yet. (I got it as a gift.) I'm in the midst of getting some kids through college so I'm not doing a building right now. I figured I'd install it after I finish sending those kids through college.

4. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

LOL

That quote above actually belongs to the reviewer from Gameprye's website. :) I usually use Italics for quotes and not the actual quote box

I wanted to purchase Ikea Stuff since it was first announced. Looks like high quality objects...but EA's actions has made me decide otherwise.