Spore GameSpy – The Interrogation Room: Darkspore (preview)

Discussion in 'General Gaming Talk' started by Judhudson, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

GameSpy – The Interrogation Room: Darkspore (preview)

In the following preview, or to be more precise, interview, GameSpy caught up with Ryan Scott, Executive Editor of DarkSpore to toss a couple of questions about Maxis’ upcoming game:

Eric Neigher, Contributing Editor: OK, so I’ll be completely honest: I have no friggin’ idea what this game is. Is it related to Will Wright’s Spore? Is it a completely separate franchise? Give me the logline for it.

Ryan Scott, Executive Editor: Well, it just got announced, so it’s new to everyone. Get this: Darkspore is a Spore action-role-playing game, developed by Maxis (Will Wright left the studio a while back, in case you didn’t get the memo). This game is its own standalone thing — not some sort of wacky Spore expansion pack or anything — and it’s the kind of game that seems like it’ll appeal to all the Diablo/Titan Quest fans out there. And, you know, people who like to make goofy-looking Spore monsters.