gardener party

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by HelloKit, Oct 18, 2004.

1. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

gardener party

I had an amusing experience last night while playing the Grunt family in Strangetown. The carpool for the teen boys and the gardener's truck showed up at the same time, on opposite sides of the street, and caused a little traffic jam. The carpool car was blocking the driver's door of the gardener's truck so the gardener couldn't get out. So after a few seconds, the gardener would just appear behind the truck. But, the carpool was still in the way of the gardener walking toward the house, so a few seconds later another gardener would spawn inside the truck, then appear behind the truck. So these gardeners just kept multiplying until the carpool left. There must have been at least 20 of them, and as soon as the carpool got out of the way they all came in the house and made themselves at home. Watching TV, playing with the fish, eating the pizza, playing chess, harrassing poor General Buzz and Buck... it was utter mayhem, but it was hilarious! I eventually had to use the moveObjects cheat to get rid of them all, but not before taking a few pictures...

Attached Files:

2. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

That is too funny!!! Thanks for sharing that. That made my day! :)

3. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

I don't think the problem is entirely gone. If those gardeners weren't all identically named, they're STILL around, as about a few megs of crap on your HD for all eternity now.

4. zydeco

zydeco New Member

That's fantastic! lol Out of curiosity..did they ever do any gardening and did you have to pay all of them the hourly fee? I sure could have used this crew on a large house with extensive gardens...if they did more than clean out the fridge.

5. Cairo

Cairo New Member

Quite possibly the funniest story I've read today. Thanks for sharing!! Loving the pictures.

6. mglp

mglp New Member

That is hilarious...

7. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

Yeah, well, oh well. I have plenty space for now, and the family could always "mysteriously disappear" in the middle of the night if it were to become a problem.

8. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

Yeah, well, oh well. I have plenty space for now, and the family could always "mysteriously disappear" in the middle of the night if it were to become a problem.

9. J. M. Pescado

My grubbing around with SimPE has found that such people will actually remain in the character files forever, and that after some time, a sizeable amount of hard drive space can actually be consumed by these "orphaned people", people who never actually were. For instance, I found references to people I had created and deleted without ever playing. They were still around, taking up space.

10. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

They didn't do any gardening that I saw, but then I'm not sure if there actually was any to be done. It was my first day in the house, and I just called to hire a gardener right away so I wouldn't forget later.

Since I deleted them rather than them leaving on their own, they didn't have a chance to charge me. I'm not even really sure they ever would have left...

11. HelloKit

HelloKit New Member

Whoops, sorry about the double post... the site went down just as I was posting that.
    Well, I'm really not worried about space... :p

Attached Files:

12. J. M. Pescado

It's not necessarily the physical space on disk used you should necessarily be concerned about: File bloat also has a greatly negative effect on your loading time, and the amount of time it will take you to perform regular backups.

13. mglp

mglp New Member

What I find humerous about these photos is that in one screenie two of the gardeners clearly are not getting along with each other. He doesn't get along with himself. lol

peace

14. J. M. Pescado

I think they may be seperate gardeners, and not simply identical instanced clones of what is actually the same gardener. Hence my warning about "Gardener Bloat".

15. ionutmar

ionutmar New Member

Gardern Convention

It happen me too, while in Pleasentville in Burb family, the gardener come every 3 day, but one day it came about 10 gardeners. No problem to get them out, just "ENd service" and they were gone. But first they eat my food, use the toilet. And my pc was going crazy with 20 people in the house.

I would put some picture but i don't know how.

Onother thing, one of two: or there is a bug or a man can fall in love with another man. I have this sim Amin whos is married, and he can kiss, flirt with a man Daren.