Gardening Nightmare

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Michael, Oct 1, 2004.

1. Michael

Michael New Member

Gardening Nightmare

Just a 'headsup' to those who aspire to build large mansion houses with extensive gardens.

The gardener will only come a couple of times a week and goes home after a few hours, regardless of how much gardening work is needed.

The result is that after a week or so (game time), the finest french-style formal gardens are completely overgrown with weeds - to the point that unless your Sims work full time pulling weeds, you will never keep up with them.

And of course, Sims seem to really hate pulling weeds, quickly going 'red-line' on environment and hygene.

In other words, unless Maxis/EA modifies this algorithm in a patch, serious flower gardens or hedges lining your property are a big 'no-no' in Sims2.

2. Rhaevyn

Rhaevyn New Member

Well that bites. I love beautiful gardens around my houses. Is it possible to hire more than one gardner? Does this happen to all your lots or just the big one? Maybe they [gardners] weren't programmed with huge lots in mind /shrug

I take it there are no options on the gardner him/herself to ask them to stay longer or "work overtime"? Maybe you could make a big house with kids and make them pull weeds as punishment for not doing homework or something hehehe, just kidding.

3. killgorian

killgorian New Member

I discovered this issue as well and have not found a solution. To my knowledge you cant hire two gardeners, but if it were possable it would definatly be a help.

4. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Me too ... it sucks but hey! I love the fact that big gardens need lots of work. Maybe this life imitating art imitating life ... urrr ... don't go there .... :p

5. zydeco

zydeco New Member

It would help a lot if they had included a few bushes that didn't require maintenance. As far as I can tell, everything but the trees require frequent trimming. It's a bit too much. I find it too much work to make basic foundation shrubbery feasable for even small homes..I can't imagine extensive gardens. This has always been one of my favorite things to play with on the sims. I hope they make some major gardening improvements on the next game. The only reason I can live with it on this game is that they have so few choices in the gardening category! lol I'm not inspired to play with it. I thought a maze might be nice but I believe you'd have to have a retired grandpa (with aging turned off) work at pruning as a full time job. ;)

6. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I've discovered that you can "pull the weeds" yourself, by using the move_objects on cheat, but that still leaves all the trimming for the hedges and bushes! :(