Troubleshooting Geforce FX5200 128mb

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by smitben, Dec 8, 2006.

1. smitben

smitben New Member

Geforce FX5200 128mb

i have brought this card to replace my on bored graphics card i brought the sims 2 a little while ago after playing it it lagged so much i couldnt play it

i brought this card Geforce FX5200 128mb
    will that card cause the sims 2 to lag still or will it make it run smootly on medium setting.

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

It depends on a lot of factors. When the basegame came out, that was the lowest of the recommended graphics cares (along with Radeon 9200). However, once they started adding EPs and we all started adding downloads, the cards which used to be ok are starting to be "laggers." (Keep in mind that even the base game was meant to run "recommended" with a Radeon 9800 with 256mb of graphic card RAM.)

The only way to know for sure is to try it. You may have to fiddle with the graphics vs performance options (and shut down your background processes) to get the best balance of what is acceptable to you in terms of lagging vs graphic prettiness.