How Do I George McCarthy.

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by GuiltyInnocence, Feb 4, 2008.

1. GuiltyInnocence

GuiltyInnocence New Member

George McCarthy.

I know George McCarthy was already made for in the game but is it possible to find out where he lives (I know he works at that market or something) because I have this girl that fell in love with him when she was a teenager, she grew up and everything changed. They're only best friends now and they can't do anything like they used to when she was a teen and I really want to get them together to make a family but is that impossible? I've tried looking for him so I could control him and let him grow into an adult (if that's the case) but I can't find him. Any help?

2. Ruthie_Faye

Ruthie_Faye New Member

IF you have University then you can have him grow up. He doesn't have to graduate from Uni though, he can drop out.

Ruthie

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

If you don't have university you can age townies SAFELY if you follow this sequence.

First get the following items

TeleporterShrub.zip by the renowned Inge Jones (Inge has numerous teleporter objects but the one I linked to is the safest because it is the simplest.)

Merola's Multipainting a well established and extremely safe hacked object

If you don't have any other custom content you will also need the Color Enable Package or the object you have downloaded won't show up in your sims' catalogs for them to buy.
    1. Use the teleporter shrub to summon George to the lot.
    2. Open the cheat console with [Ctrl] + [Shift] + [C]
      • Enter cheat code: boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true
    3. Hold down Shift and click on George and find the option "Make Selectable"
    4. Select George and go to Merola's multipainting, and use its age options to make George old enough to grow up. Once he is within a day of growing up, you can click him and choose Grow Up. He will.
    5. Once he has grown up, make him unselectable (shift click & choose make unselectable).
    6. Now to get rid of him back to the townie pool. Use the teleporter shrub to "clear off" non residents.
    7. Clear the debug cheat mode:
      • boolProp testingCheatsEnabled false
    Now there are simpler ways to do the job, but none which are guaranteed not to wreck your game.

George will now be an adult that your adult sims can call up on the telephone (if they know him) to date and to move in or marry.

Word of caution. George McCarthy, the teen who works in community lot stores, is an NPC and is not a proper townie. I have not tried aging a teen NPC before, although I did send paper boys to college and they seemed OK.

In general it is deemed (by the wiser hackers and players) to be risky to marry/move in NPCs (maids, cops, firemen, mail carriers, burglars etc. etc.) This is because those characters have special hidden coding which not only makes behave as specific characters -- as opposed to just neighbours -- but also tends to make them unreliable sims who are likely to disrupt your game in unpredictable and irreversible ways.