How Do I getting to know burglars

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jiko, May 15, 2005.

1. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

getting to know burglars

According to the strategy book, which by the way is not worthless and helped me figure out some building issues, you can get to know a burglar by letting him/her out of the police car after arrest, while the cop is distracted. There's supposed to be a way to click on the car doors and open them. It didn't work this time - no actions. Has anyone tried this or do you know any other way to get to know the burglar?

2. fuzzy_ferret_luver

fuzzy_ferret_luver New Member

How do you distract the police person? Sounds like something worth trying!

3. Jiko

distracting cops

I had one of the adults talk to the cop after she'd subdued the burglar. First she put him in the car, then went back in the house to talk. Then the other adult snuck out to break into the car. But there were no actions available on the car doors. The book says you should get an 'open door' choice and then get points on social scoring with the burglar.... who can then be wooed and eventually even married! I want to marry a criminal. Love those stripes.

4. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Well, if you have a sim in the criminal career track, they will wear those stripes to work after a couple of promotions. :D

5. Jiko

loving criminals

I have several people in the criminal track; one made it to the top as a Mastermind recently. The cat burglar outfit is to die for. But there's something about meeting a burglar, in that cute-meet way when he or she tries to steal your pinball machine, that sets the little heart a pitter-patter...it's different! surely you've had a few crushes on naughty ones before?!;)

6. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

LOL!!!! Yeah, you weren't around when I was gushing about the ugly NASCAR driver that punched another driver, were you??? I made a Sim out of him, and then made a sim out of myself, and now the Jimmy-Sim and the Kristal-Sim have 4 kids, one on the way, and are living happilly ever after. :D :p

7. slimsim

slimsim Often-Idle Member

I'm moving this to the "How Do I" forums...

8. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Once again, very behind the times. Just thought I'd say, if you use boolprop when making a sim, then enter, then shift and n, it goes into 'debugging' mode. You get lots of new clothes - yes the burglar outfit!

9. kuponutty

kuponutty Confused little moogle

I wish we could be able to meet burglars. So, has anyone been able to? I tried and it didn't work. All I get is a shaded out arrow... By the way Jiko, was that an official strategy guide?

10. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

on a slight side note: the only way to get burglars in your neighborhood is to make sims get the burglar job? cuz i havent seen any for as long as ive been playing ts2.

11. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

No, they are supposed to be a random occurance. I have noticed that when my sims have a fear of being robbed, it happens. Not every time, but some times. :rolleyes:

12. Vchat20

Vchat20 New Member

i meant any sims in the nighborhood. cuz so far all of the sims i have made have taken the "normal" jobs. so no one in the nighborhood is in the criminal career track

13. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

What I wish is that if you were a burglar, yourself, you could choose a house to rob ... you know, the Joneses with that really nice plasma TV. :D

If the "business" EP they're proposing would let you go to work with your sims, that could be kind of fun, I think ...

14. babewithbrains_14

You can, if you use the boolprop cheat. (Yes, I'm a bit of a one trick pony, who is addicted to using boolprop. You can do it by shift-clicking on your sim (I think) and selecting make me know everyone. Or something like that. I bet you are all vvvvveeeeerrrrrryyyyyyy bored of me now lol. But it does mean you get to know the doctors, or w/e you want 2 call them, the ones that appear when your sim goes pyscho. You know everyone, quite literally.

15. kuponutty

kuponutty Confused little moogle

You seem to know a lot about boolprop! I don't want it to crash my game. But there is a BIG problem with knowing EVERYONE! Especially with family sims. Play with such-and-such, be best friends with so-and-so, make out with The mystrey man from Makin Magic...

16. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Making Magic is Sims 1. I thought this was a Sims 2 thread? So confusing sometimes ... I never use boolprop, Kopo, and still manage to have lots of fun.

17. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Babe, be careful with that boolprop cheat. I mean it, seriously. Remember, I am the person who tries everything and sometimes has bad outcomes. The one who's hubby actually wants to hire JMP to live at our house and guard the computer when I'm on it so I will no longer do dumb things. The person who knows from experience how to make bad things happen to her Simmies and her game.

All I'm saying is that do not over-use boolprop. Do not keep it turned on throughout the game. In fact, it's a good idea to turn it off by typing false before you do a casual save or before sending sims to a community lot and the game saving itself.

18. garyalexza

garyalexza New Member

Yes poolBrop is scary and mean.

Rather use something like Inge's teleporter shrub that can be found over at www.simlogical.com to meet the burglar. Or I heard that you have a good chance of the burglar arriving if you send your last sim to bed at about 1:30am. This could be total fabrication though and I have never tested it.

19. babewithbrains_14

I don't want it to crash my game either. That's why when I told my friend about boolprop (and because she is a complete pyscho-sim [hehe]) she rushed to her computer and tried it out. I discover, she's the guinea-pig. I have told her time and time again that boolpro is very very dangerous to her babies, but she just rushes ahead anyway. Half the time she will just click anything to see what it does, before she tells me what she's up to.

Thanks Kristal. You always have great advice!

20. garyalexza

garyalexza New Member

Yes thats probably the best thing to do ... Let your friends try it out first. If it doesn't work as planned you haven't done in your game! :)