Troubleshooting giving Nightlife another go, still having problems

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Kungfu Joe, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Kungfu Joe

Kungfu Joe New Member

giving Nightlife another go, still having problems

Ok, most of you have already heard my pleas for assistence, and can read about them in previous posts. These posts also include my DirectX information which I will copy and paste and repost in a moment.

For a quick refresher, here's my problem. When I download sims 2, and Uni, the game works fine. no problems. If I install Nightlife, I have a problem when I am in buy mode, I select an item, and am moving it to choose where to place it. If I go over an area that it cannot be placed in, the game crashes. I get a blank screen, and the only way to stop it is to "hard restart" my computer. This information has already been made known

*INTERRUPT* OK! I was fooling around with the game while typing this, and figured out a stupid fix for it! Because the crash occured when I was buying things, and they passed over an area where they could not be placed, I turned 'moveobjects on' and now the game dosnt crash (so far)! So, first things first. is there a .cfg (or similar) file that I can type the cheat into and it will automaticly be on when I start the game?

2. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

My Docs, EA Games, The Sims 2, Config, userStartup.cheat

Open the file in notepad and add the cheat.