How Do I gnome theifs!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by idigvolleyball5, Jun 3, 2005.

1. idigvolleyball5

idigvolleyball5 Rubber Duckie Of Doom

gnome theifs!

:bandit: I decorated my front lawn with gnomes for fun, but there is a problem. Everyone who I invite over will try and steal a gnome! They get away with it, too unless someone else is out there with them. the first time this happened, my sim got up in the middle of the night to "steal back gnome" and sure enough, she came back with mine!! How can I stop these theifs, or at least be able to get them back!:bandit:

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

give your sims free reign and they will steal them back, kind of like sneaking out...:rolleyes:

3. idigvolleyball5

idigvolleyball5 Rubber Duckie Of Doom

free reign? what is that?

4. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

It means when late at night when they get that funny evil face outside, just let them do what they want and they will go get your purloined gnomes.

5. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I love steal gnome and steal back gnome ... ever since I discovered it there have been a lot more gnomes in my neighborhoods. I love the sneaky look the Sims get on their faces and the way they wring their little hands so evilly.

Bwah hah hah hah ...

I thought it might be fun to play "follow the gnome" but I don't think the game logic is quite that thorough ... for example, if Angel steals Spike's gnome, I don't think it shows up on Angel's lawn, but I could be wrong. If it did that would be so fun ... you quit playing Spike, go to Angel's, wait for someone else to steal the gnome ... :D Follow that gnome!

6. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Hummm, Witches, I never tried that. Wonder if you could put out one gnome that was a diffrent color than everyone else's gnome and see if he keeps turning up on diffrent lots? :D You need to try that, and then post some pictures, so I can play vicariously through you until I get home Sunday night.

(Did I mention it's been SEVEN DAYS and that I'm twitching. Oh, I did? Sorry. But I am. :eek: :depressed: )

Back to Vollyball's originaly question: If you are playing with free will on, your sims will go out and steal back their gnomes. They are usually the sims that are more playful, and they have to have a low "fun" line. This gives them a great "fun" boost, as you can imagine. I have found that children and teens are more likely to go gnome-hunting.

7. surprised_by_witches

I've had adults steal back gnomes, too, but you're right, if my lot has kids or teens they're usually the ones to do it ...

Unfortunately I don't have Sims on this machine and my machine at home is dialup ... but if it works I'll send you pics!

8. kuponutty

kuponutty Confused little moogle

Is there any way to stop those theives? In Veronaville Tybalt (he was pretty evil in Romeo & Juliet too!) always stole my garden gnomes!! EVERY NIGHT!!! 00:00 every night. By the way, I did a test and it seems theives like the original coloured gnome most. I wish you could steal other people's gnomes!!!

9. surprised_by_witches

No way to stop it, I'm afraid. I just sit back and watch the fun. Often it happens when I'm not looking, and the next time I check, no gnome!

10. kuponutty

They look so sneaky! Rubbing their hands, leering for by-passers... Hey, what happens if you get your sim to talk to them or stand in their way? Do gnome theives only strike when you're sleeping?

11. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

Many times (in my world) the person who tries to steal the gnome is the friend who was just brought home from work. They get sneaky, their friend looks over and starts yelling, the thief pretends he wasn't doing anything, and then they steal it when no one's looking. This has happened over and over. Strange that some people only have secret midnight thieves. If you recall, I once had a groom steal his bride's gnome DURING THE WEDDING. Who knows where it went, since he then had a honeymoon and moved in??! (I think it might be at Goodwill. Or in Mirelly's house.)

12. kuponutty

I just got a weird action that just appeared when my sim was making her lobster masterpiece. It said 'Steal back Gnome' and there was the picture of a gnome. I stopped her to eat after she made it and she had that same evil look as the theives. She went out of the lot and after about 30 sim minutes she came back, stood next to her letter box and dropped 3 weeks worth of gnomes!! About the amount that was stolen. What am I going to do with all of them? I replaced all the stolen ones.

13. surprised_by_witches

Start a gnome army and overthrow sim city, of course. :D

Or delete 'em for cash.

Anyway, I'm jealous. My sims only steal back one gnome at a time.

14. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Muahahaha! :cool:

15. kuponutty

After SimCity, THE WORLD!!!!

"Dear Evil, Secret Diary,

My evil plan is to collect as many garden gnomes as possible and they will first steal the car of the pizza deliverer and take that sim as hostage (the sim will have to drive as well). If all the gnomes can't fit, they'll take a grocery delivery truck as well. They'll drive to SimCity, take everyone hostage, steal their goods, balsk in their own glory, demand their ransome, evilly and somehow get to our 4D world and overthrow us!!!!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:eek: Have you been reading my diary!?!?!?!? :mad:Someone needs to go to the ABATTOIR!!! (check it up in the dictionary if you don't know what it means)

16. surprised_by_witches

Abbatoir? Quite a vocabulary you've got on you, Kopo. You and my daughter would get along just fine ... but really isn't that a bit harsh? Couldn't you just send them to a sanatorium for the chronically nosy? :rolleyes:

17. kuponutty

Come, gnomes!!! Together we will vanquish the evil, and righteousness WILL PREVAIL!!!! The malicious deserve only the most brutal, harsh, harmful, ruthless, cruel, remorseless treatment there is!!!! Our first targets:
    Tybalt & Consort Capp,
    Mortimer Goth and the oh so ugly Cassandra,
    Kaylynn Langer-something-majig.
    and... MWAHAHAHA, ALL OF YOU OUT THERE!!!

And Charlie, I'm gonna kill you last. [quoted from hit TV show, LOST]

18. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Kuponutty to "Pinky" the Gnome, "Come now, Pinky, we must prepare for tonight"
    Pinky, "What are we going to do tonight, Kuponutty?"
    Kuponutty, "Same thing we do every night, Pinky; try to take over the world."

(ARRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!! TOO MANY CARTOONS!!")

19. kuponutty

"Don't worry Pinky, just like in every kiddy's cartoon we will never get away with it. Homie Bear and Bart Bart will always stop us." Says me. "Then what's our raison det're? (french for reason for life)" Pinky asks. "I don't know Pinky, I don't know..."

[ kuponutty later commited suicide one week later]

20. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

LMAO!!! It's not Homey and Bart that stop Pinky and the Brain, it's usually Pinky screwing up, and then for awhile they were held prisoner by that little girl that wants to hug them and squeeze them and love them to death. LOL

Guys, I really, really, need to get a life. :(