News GotGame – What is so great about The Sims?

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Judhudson, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

GotGame – What is so great about The Sims?

Get your pitchforks and lighters ready, The Sims series is under attack.* GotGame posted an article of their view on The Sims series, asking how the game managed to become so popular when all you do is ‘unexciting things you do in real life’.* While yes, taking a shower, crap, or even working isn’t the highlights of my day, I do believe The Sims series is full of entertainment thru the creativity aspect it has to offer…something I don’t think the author may not have the patience for.

Am I severely oversimplifying the game? Maybe. But I also the game is not designed to be complex or enriching. To make a game about life itself is arrogant. To play it is sad.

Will Wright, though, must be some sort of genius because he has made millions off of this series. Still, I’m not sure whether or not I should simply applaud Wright, or smother my face with my palms to mask my disgust at the fans of his game.