Troubleshooting Graphic Problems

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by Zack, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Zack

Zack New Member

Hello, I have been experiencing graphic problems such as random flashing shapes that usually flash uncontrollably randomly throughout game-play and only appear if I'm not running it on the lowest graphic settings. I have attached a picture showing what they look like.

Another problem I have is the game will dim randomly during game-play. To explain this problem in further detail is when I'm in the middle of the game and the screen will fade to black and come back a few seconds later and no harm done. The second time it fades it does so a few seconds after the first fade, but only this time it will be very dim. Now I have played with it very dim for so long that eventually it will fade to black again and it will be light again and as with the first one it goes dim in just a matter of seconds, only this time if I try clicking on anything, the cursor needs to be a few inches away from the object I want to click, rendering the game unplayable. When I quit the game after this has happened, I get a message saying, "Display driver has stopped responding and has recovered."

I would appreciate any help you could give me on how to fix these problems. I have attached information so that you can diagnose the problem.

Attached Files:

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Your graphics driver is almost 3 years old so install the newest one from Intel or if this is a laptop from the laptop's manufacturer's website.
    If you're running Aero on your Vista turn it off as it's too much of a load on your integrated chipset.
    Also turn off anything else you may be running along with the game to help free up resources.