Troubleshooting !@$@$@$#@ Graphics Card and NL!!!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Kristalrose, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

!@$@$@$#@ Graphics Card and NL!!!!

My newly upgraded graphic card is not powerful enough to give me good preformance with Nightlife. I lost all my cinematics, can only invite 3-4 Sims over to a lot, and the neighboring houses look fuzzy.

Anyone else having this problem? My graphichs card is a NiVidia GeForce 5500.

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

3. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

:p :p :p
    I did that, right after I had my little temper tantrum on, like, 3 Sims Forums. I even yelled at poor Maxoid Tom! No, wait, I didn't yell. A lady never yells. :cool: And besides, he couldn't hear me anyway. LMAO

4. ManagerJosh

and??? Did it work :p :p :p

5. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

The drivers or the yelling LOL. :p

6. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Well, I can switch on the "Special Event Camera" on, but haven't had the chance to do anything "Special" with it yet. :p

7. ManagerJosh

*cough* WOO HOO!!! *cough* ;)

8. Gallagher

Gallagher New Member

That sure sounds frightening...

Look at the bright side.

When certain expansion packs were released - there's always some kind of driver or patch to help fix what's going on at least a few weeks after the product being available.

Think of this as a good thing. Catching this early and fixing it means there is a chance for the next expansion pack to be even better. At least you get some credit looking for ways to problem-solve this unfortunate thing that slows the quality of the game considerably.

I certainly want to play Nightlife once all the bugs are squashed.

T. G.

9. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Ewwwwww. (But that only works for their first time, doesn't it?)

10. ManagerJosh

I think if you enable boolprop to reset the video options, it will appear :).

11. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

:D Well, they had already Woo Hoo'ed, and I didn't know boolprop did that (someday, someone really needs to sit down and make a complete boolprop function list!) But when I married them, the special event camera worked fine, and I think I said, "Woo Hoo!!" :rolleyes: ;) :p

12. ManagerJosh

Cheesy...but LOL!

13. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Glad your game is working, Kristal! Woo hoo indeed. :D

14. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

glad your problem got solved so easily. first time I added my grafix card, it took me days to figure out I had to disable the one that came with the computer.

15. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Yeah, the camera works, but I still can't invite more than 4 people over without using the "MaxNumOfVisitingSims" cheat. :rolleyes:

16. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

Yeah something similiar happened to me when I enstalled Nightlife. The clothes were a lot less detailed and the other houses as well were fuzzy. I have a Nvidia Geforce 6600 PCI Express. If I need to update my drivers, could you give me the link please?:D

17. ManagerJosh

18. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

Thanks, but before I download them which ones should I download that you recommended?

19. ManagerJosh

20. Blade770

Blade770 New Member

Thank you very much, I'll see if it works.:)