Troubleshooting Graphics Card Problems

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by aramsdor@lhup.edu, Jun 4, 2009.

1. aramsdor@lhup.edu

aramsdor@lhup.edu New Member

Graphics Card Problems

Hello everyone!

I currently have a Dell Inspiron 600m with a ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 graphics card, which is not enough to play The Sims 3. :cross-eyed: I looked into upgrading my card, but found after speaking to someone at Dell that this particular type of computer cannot be upgraded. I think it is due to limited space in the laptop, but am unsure. I then found some information about external graphics cards, but am not really sure if it would be compatable with my computer. I would really like to find a way to play The Sims 3 without buying a new computer, please let me know if you have any solutions.

Thank you, I appreciate the help! :D

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

The reason why most notebooks you are unable to upgrade graphics is because the graphics are part of the system board. I don't believe there are any external graphics solutions available out there that are suitable for gaming. Most simply do not have the bandwidth capacity or the power to handle that much data.