Greek House

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Flameangel, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

Greek House

Greek House. One of my sims wants to go into it so I invited the greek PPL's over and they kept running around I couldn't talk to them! When I did get a chance to talk to them they's feeze and wouldn't move untill I delete them. I know people just got this so I probably won't get a reply I will wait.:eek:

2. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Here's ya a reply: Short answer--"I don't know". :)

I had the same problem with the hyper women running around like crazy, my poor sim (who had good grades and high charsima points) kept following them around . Every once in awhile they'd hold still and she'd chat or tell them a joke, but it wasn't enough for her to get into the soroity. :(

3. imnotu1

imnotu1 New Member

to get into the frat or sorority it's easiest if you talk to the girls beforehand so that when they come and run around like crazy you already have the levels that you need

4. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

It sounds so buggy!

5. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Zooty, it's horrible. You keep clicking on these three idiots, and your sim stands there, you can have your action quey filled with "Chat", "joke", "Admire" trying to get their attention, but all they want to do is run around!

6. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

It's absolutlry terrible.! When I could talk to the m they turned to like stone and you can't interact with them anymore.

7. Zootyzoot

Zootyzoot Keeper of Broken FeltTips

How utterly infuriating! Poor you :(. They really shouldn't release stuff with such blatant bugs.

8. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

It may not be a bug. It may be a feature. The running around thing is usually after you've gotten in. It's part of the pledge ceremony thing. You should already have gotten in good with the members of that Greek house before you ask to join. Then they do the running around thing and you have 6 Sim hours to get accepted. The Prima Guide recommends using "hang out" if you need more of a relationship with them. Then once you get the relationship in better shape with them, do "kicky bag". Once you've gotten the relationship up, they gather around, cheer and then leave.

I'm not all that interested in the Greek houses at this point, so I haven't tried it out. The Prima Guide people have usually played it to see what happens and the best tips for it.

9. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

Hang Out is free will!!! You can't decide/pick it!

10. KatAnubis

Hang out is also one of the options under "talk" for young adults (and teens back home supposedly.) Once a "hanging out" starts, then you can usually pic "hang out with X" or "ask X to hang out" as well.

11. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

It works on the home teens as well.

12. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

I don't have that option!

13. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

It's under talk. If you don't have it, I'd suspect a hack conflict. Try moving your hacks to a folder on your desktop to see if the option reappears.

14. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

I have this thing called spawn as an option and every option says spawn memory manager and then when I click different things I get different options like break a move etc. I found hangout there but it's vrey ennoying with like ten different options and you don't know what they are unless you click on them. VERY ennoying:mad:

15. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

That is definitively either a hack or you have a cheat option enabled.

You are going to have to scan your download folder and identify whatever hacks you have in there.

16. Valerie114

Valerie114 New Member

I'm kinda new to this thing so this question might sound a little weird, but what is a "hack"...and how do I know I've got them!

17. KatAnubis

If you have "spawn" then you definitely have a problem with your game. Spawn comes from hacks or the boolprop cheat. It's not a normal part of the game.

18. KatAnubis

There are two main types of hacks. Illegal ones are those which are software piracy aids and include such things as noCD hacks, software copying aids and the like. (Discussion of those is forbidden on many lists, including this one.) Another name for this type is cracks.

Legal hacks are also known as mods, which is short for modification. These are used for changing the game in some way. Some are for things like twins, always abduct telescopes, no cheering for an hour when you get an A+, pay at the mailbox and the like. Other otherwise legal hacks are for adult only things. (Adult only being defined as anything that changes the game from its T for Teen rating.) This includes such things as nude patches, teen woohoo or pregnancy patches and the like. Discussion of that type of patch is not allowed on this list except in passing. (But not how they work, what features you like about them or where to find them.)

If your game is not working, chances are you have a hack of some sort. Finding them isn't easy without a tool. The MTS2's Clean Installer can help with that (if they've fixed it to work with TS2U installed. I haven't seen that they'd updated it yet, but I suspect it is because one of the other SimMasters said that she was able to have it work for her with the EP installed.)

19. Angelyne

Angelyne New Member

Hacks are very nasty things that will make your computer explode. Stay away from them! :)

Just kidding. Well sort of. Hacks are modifications to the game rules. They range from the benign, like a hack that eliminates that annoying cheering sims do when they get an A+ to the everything-but-the-kitchen-sink hacks that allows you to control every aspect of the game.

A lot of the hacks can be found at www.modthesims2.com in their beta download forum. You have to be quite careful right now, since most of these hacks were written for the original game and do not work, or work badly with the Expansion pack. So I'd make sure that a hack has been confirmed to work with the EP before installing it.

Many hacks significantly alter gameplay. Some are also highly addictive and players become utterly dependant on them. They are convinced they cannot play the game without them. It's kinda funny really. Personally I stick with the benign kind, like most of the ones written by Pescado and Twojeffs. They are mostly bug and annoyance fixes.

Oh one last thing. Some hacks have been known to sneak their way in an unsuspecting player's game via a house download. So if you have downloaded houses from the internet, you might have a hack you didn't know you had. The only way to be sure is to check your The Sims 2\download folder. If you don't recognize what's in there, you might have to scan your folder with a program that allows you to find out more info about what those files are.

20. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

When I installed TS2U I had the insiminator installed. When I started having problems with the game I uninstalled it and the EP and TS2 (backuped the files") When it was installed again it still had spawn ETC.....