Growing up

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by gyro_kisschasy, Dec 22, 2005.

1. gyro_kisschasy

gyro_kisschasy New Member

Growing up

Is there a way to speed up aging for a child to grow into a teen or for a toddler to grow into a child im sick of waiting because i want to send my sims to uni. Any cheats ?

thanks
    luv ya
    xxx

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

if you're in that much of a hurry... create a family with teens and send them to college.

3. Lynet

Lynet New Member

You can also send townie teens to college. That's always interesting--to see what they look like as young adults and what their skills and aspirations are. Some have almost no skills. Some have loads of skill points. :)

4. ASHMEANS r a d

ASHMEANS r a d dance master ?

yes there's a cheat...

in the neighborhood view before you enter the house you hit the shift+ctrl+c deal to bring up the cheat window and type in "boolProp testingcheatsenabled true" and hit enter.

then you enter the house as you would normally.

hold shift while clicking the Sim you wish to age and i think there's a bubble called "age trans" and you click that then click "set to next birthday"... i just know there's a way to get to set to next birthday and i'm just a little forgetful at times on how exactly you get there.. my memory is horrible.

this cheat is very very handy.. it does many other things like you can adjust the moods by clicking and dragging the mood meters as full or empty as you want.. that works for the skills meters as well as the friend meters.

you can experiment to your discretion with this cheat because there's so much you can do with it.. i just advise you ahead of time to do it with a non-important family as in my case bad bad things have happened... =]

5. gyro_kisschasy

gyro_kisschasy New Member

thanks ASHMEANS r a d

That sounds like an awesome cheat, but does it screw up yur game because i have herd that some boolprop cheats do?

6. Lynet

Lynet New Member

Yes, indeedy, the boolProp testingcheatsenabled is a risky cheat. I'd back up your game files before trying it (which we should all being doing anyway,) and be sure to type boolProp testingcheatsenabled false when you're done and before you save your game.

7. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Qhwn I use the Testing Cheat, I will save my game BEFORE I enter the code, do the cheat I want (say, aging a child) and then play a little, make sure everything runs okay, and then disable the cheat and save my game.

Another very safe way to age a sim, if you are able to download, is to downlload Merola's Multi-Painting at www.varioussimmers.com. There are a great number of things you can do with this painting, including refill needs, gain skills, change a sims name, and add or subtract days to a sim's age, therefore setting it to their birthday. IMHO, it's more reliable and easier than the testing cheat. I have one of these paintings in every house and dorm my Sims live in. :)

8. Pixie

Pixie Yoga Queen

Cheating is laame-sauce. I'd just create a family with a teen and then send them to college... makes it easier :p

9. babewithbrains_14

babewithbrains_14 The Offtopic Queen!!!

Nothing wrong with cheating - it's a quick and easy way of getting what you want. ;)

30 mins to go!