Has anybody else made hoods with just the TS2 tools?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by grizfan235, Sep 18, 2004.

1. grizfan235

grizfan235 New Member

Has anybody else made hoods with just the TS2 tools?

I just created a neighborhood using the just TS2. Its not bad. I picked one of the hoods with the most roads... Then moved a few families into it.

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Isn't it fun!!!

I've been mostly busy with making them from SC4, but the lot placement and the decor placement is great fun. I spent most of the day just doing that with my most recent one (Ramses Atoll).

I haven't even started on making a family, let alone just playing because I'm having such a great time with making neighborhoods. I have 17 neighborhoods which seem to have worked out well. (But I deleted the ones I wasn't planning to use right away.) I figure I'll eventually put those on a website for download.

I actually decided to use one that only has horseshoe area. I got the idea from someone on this board. I made it from a crater (as if it were a shell of a volcano.) But I wanted one side down (which was a good idea since you can't really see your neighborhood if it's completely surrounded by mountains or cliffs) and I wanted a lagoon in the center. One of the things that surprised me is that, like the mountain island I tried, I got about 80 lots on it, most of which were 5x5 lots. And that was with the central area unused for lots!

See the picture of the pre-lot placement "Ramses Atoll."

Attached Files:

3. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I haven't made a new neighborhood at all yet, either within the sims 2 game, or using sim city 4, but I want to do both! I just messed with the neighborhoods that it shipped with, adding a few more lots and decorations. :D I'm still working on my "ulitmate community lot" getting that ready to dazzle my sims... ;)

4. litl_mama1971

litl_mama1971 New Member

I had made a community lot with everything on it a pool. Shopping for clothes and groceries. And on the other side of the lot is the building for the games and the tv is on the second floor. I made an outside sitting area by a fire place. Well that is just wasted space because they are never gonna sit there. I have tables in front near the grills. That is the only place they ever sit outside. I also messed up and didn't centrally locate the bathrooms. They have to hike to go to the bathroom and then get back to the other side of the lot ot watch tv. It is a pain I may redo that lot. But it took me hours just to make the thing ugh lol. I may have to rethinking having everything in one lot or just really rethink how I set it up lol. i have only made one neighborhood of my own. I don't have sc4 so I used one of their premade samples. It's a rather boring average town. But that is where the community lot I mention is located.

5. ijRoberts

ijRoberts New Member

I loooove my neighborhood that I made with SC4. I finally figured out the exact places that cut off and made an island that was formed out of a meteor crash.

So the whole middle of the island is a huge crater. There is room for a TON of lots both in the "bowl" and around the outside. Of course, only the really rich people get to live on the inside, that is the prime place to be... Maybe I'll upload it some day. =)

Ah, here's a screenie I took of it (the shot was actually an accident, so it isn't the BEST representation, but it'll give you the idea:(

Attached Files:

6. KatAnubis

I really like that one. Have you tried it out yet?

One of the things which really surprised me was how many lots you could actually fit in a neighborhood. Even using the big 5x5 lots I got 80 lots into a couple of neighborhoods. My current neighborhood is an atoll (an island with a lagoon filling most of the center.) Most of the "usable space" is taken up with the lagoon but I was still able to get more lots on it than I think I could ever use.

7. Cloudkicker

Cloudkicker New Member

I choose the Island template its pretty good, nice and flat with a beach side and a mountain on the other side. has anyone noticed that the only large template seems to be Veronaville? i made a template with veronaville and it erased my old veronaville! i had to delete it for my old one to come back. whew!!! that was alot of families i almost lost.

8. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

Push the scroll button. The other neighborhoods will scroll back into view.

9. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

Stupid Question

I have read a lot of threads, both here and other places, saying, that you can import a city from SC4 to Sims2? I would imagine this to be quite difficult, since the smallest city I have in SC4 houses about 350.000 people. So how do I make a neighborhood in Sims2 from something I created in SC4?

10. KatAnubis

You don't want to use a pre-existing city. The cities need to be made specifically to be used in TS2. Basically, you use the smallest city size (64x64) and terraform it. Then you place roads (not streets or any other type of roadway) and bridges. (But not all the bridges work.) None of the zoning or houses from SC4 transfer over. (Where they'd be just comes out empty.)

Maxis has instructions (http://thesims2.ea.com/help/detail.php?help_id=91) and there are also tutorials on how to use SC4 on one of the fan sites (http://www.binarysoup.co.uk/index.php?doc=articles&id=1).

I hope this is what you were asking about.

11. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

Thank you so much for your help, I definetely got to try this right away!

12. KatAnubis

Glad to be of help. I hope you have as much fun making neighborhoods as I've had!