Hated Sim???

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by StephSchiff, May 23, 2005.

1. StephSchiff

StephSchiff New Member

Hated Sim???

Hello -

I recently created 2 new sims in EPU. Both are very similar woth personality points yet one is well liked and one seems to be hated. Heather (the one that's hated) only lacks in neatness - the rest of her points are well balanced. Whenever she walks into a room the other sims have though bubbles with her picture in it - often with a red "X" over her face! She has never had a negative interaction with any of them. Could it be some keyword in her bio that has been programmed to cause hatred (like trust fund) or her looks? She has expensive things in her dorm room - could that be it?

Please help - I've put a lot of work into her already and would hate to have to kill her off because she can't make friends. The other Sims often leave when she joins a group research or a game.

Thanks for the help!

Stephanie :confused:

2. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

try mirrors

This happened to me, too. I created brother/sister twins, and one was popular and one was not, with identical characteristics. Then I created roommates with identical characteristics to see if they'd fall in love - it wasn't easy! The only thing I can suggest is to increase the charisma points by practicing speech in the mirror. It's not a guarantee but it helps interactions. Also, try 'changing topic' in conversations if there's a negative reaction (click on the active sim while talking for this)

3. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

This has basically no meaning. Sims will always think Red-X-face whenever another sim uses the bathroom, for instance. I've even seen a baby think this about himself!

You're reading way more into the game than is actually there. Sim-thoughts are essentially random and completely meaningless.

You may be interested in the FFS AutoSocializer. It's a macro tool that adds a command to automatically choose and queue social interactions with your target (saving you the bother of doing so yourself, as well as having to do this a table index of the interactions and their acceptance criteria). Of course, the actual outcome will depend greatly on your sim's condition, but the tool makes the best-guess choices, and will probably do better at this than you. :) Also available on the same site are a number of other patches to stop your game from exploding in a big fiery ball that is visible from space.

Coincidence. Sims won't leave a group research or game merely because another sim joined, even if they hate that sim. Sims leave a group research or game because they have a low motive, or because a shiny object distracted them. (See: ADHD Children)

Changing topic is pretty useless in most cases, as your sim tends to ignore this command forever, and in most cases, the negative reaction terminates the conversation. It's only marginally effective when used in other interactional conversations, like Chess, telephone, or couches. Not that this helps: Sims, like sugar-laden ADHD children, can't hold to the topic for longer than 5 seconds.

4. Jiko

Jiko Lab Specimen Collector

oh, but I disagree

But in my game, at least, it works. Lots of conversations have a negative turn, one person turns to go, and then it's back on track. Maybe in your world Simmies just give up. I've used 'change topic' to completely change relationships from negative to positive. It takes work. I suppose some 'macro tool' could do it for me but it seems to me that managing the game IS the game.