Having lots of Sims in one house

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by simswonders, Apr 6, 2006.

1. simswonders

simswonders New Member

Having lots of Sims in one house

Hello I am new here so I am terribly sorry if this has been asked
    I often get wants from Sims with the family aspiration to have ten kids but I can not have more than 8 people in one house. HOW can I fulfill that want before the Sim gets too old to have babies?

ALSO

How can I ever have parties with more than two guests?

2. magorienX

magorienX Long Time Lurker

These are commonly asked questions that are easily answered. Ill start from the beginning.

1. To fulfill the 10 kids wants you will need to move other family members out of the house. Once a sim reaches adult level you can use the paper or computer to "Find own place." The sim will appear in the families bin with 20,000 simloiens. Alternately you can kill off sims using a wide variety of ways including starvation and drowning. Or you can get little kids taken away by the social worker.

2. Once a sim reaches Elder stage they can not become pregnet.

3. The amount of guests you are allowed to invite to a party is detrimned by how good your computer is. If you want more people to come to your party, upgrade your computer or enter a cheat to bypass this. (I need to find this I'll get back to you).

Hope this helps
    Happy Simming

Edit: Found it! intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims and then the number for instance if I wanted 8 sims to be able to come I would enter intProp maxNumOfVisitongSims 8. To open the cheat window press and hold Ctrl + Shift + C. Type in the cheat at the neghiborhood view. Note: Use at your own risk. These cheats can do bad things to games.

3. simswonders

simswonders New Member

Oh thank you! I have had Sims 2 for a while but I am only now learning all this stuff. For instance, it was only when I kept having a Headmaster Glitch that I typed in to Google and found this forum. Now I know:

* Two men get pregnant through Alien Abductions in Strange Town

* You can fix a pregnant Sim who never progresses by moving her into a new house

* It isn't only MY Headmaster who disappeared midway through a visit never to return

* Nannies DO bite!

* My babies aren't the only ones who sometimes refuse to grow up

* Ten sets of twins in one neighbourhood isn't uncommon :)

4. DuzzyGirl

DuzzyGirl **sigh** Downloads ...

Only when you don't seem to want twins! lol

I noticed that when I'm really not wanting or "ready" for twins do my sims have them. However, when I wouldn't mind a set in a household, I don't seem to get them.

5. WereBear

WereBear Dancing Bear

If they are too much trouble, you can always sell the extra kid off for medical experiments. ;) (j/k)

6. simswonders

simswonders New Member

The worst of my twin situation is that one day I was trying to move a Sim daddy back in with a Sim Mummy and their kids and he couldn't bring his two kids with him.
    I added up the household and figured in the baby on the way and it came to 7 so I couldn't work out why the two kids couldn't come back until I realised....that darn mum was expecting twins!

Gah!

:rolleyes: