Headmaster won't allow Private School!!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by kaduka, Sep 30, 2004.

1. kaduka

kaduka New Member

Headmaster won't allow Private School!!!

Hey guys

I read some replies u have already posted but I still can't make him give my sims points for dinner!!!!

I wonder if I should first feed him and then show him the house. Is that so or doesn't matter?

2. FinalFantasy4ever

FinalFantasy4ever Oh where in the world...

Make sure you have a cooking lvl of at least 5 that way they can make superb food for him. It doesn't really matter what order you do things in though.

3. tobias

tobias New Member

i always get over 100 points, I usualy give him a tour first then i feed him.

4. FinalFantasy4ever

Depending on how long the food has been gettin ready (like if she just started when he got there) I give him the tour first but if shes almost done cooking then ill feed first lol

5. tobias

tobias New Member

o give him a tour, and after the food i start makinh the dinner while the other person smooches with him.

6. FinalFantasy4ever

Never smooch since he hates me then so i just chat if im a few points below

7. reet1234

reet1234 New Member

I got the kids in on the first try

I didn't know what I was doing, but it worked:

-Made sure mom studied cooking until she could make a turkey
    -Got everyone in the family dressed in formal clothes
    -Made sure house was spotless

When the headmaster showed up, dad gave him a tour of only one room, then ended it, which was dumb. That only got me 15 points.
    The headmaster played a video game for a while, and dad schmoozed about school, he didn't like that so I had dad talk about money. That seemed to be the ticket so I did that a few more times. I always chatted a bit before schmoozing, and I stayed away from politics.

The turkey dinner scored huge points, although I couldn't get the headmaster to come for the first round (he seemed to want to watch the big screen TV instead) so I had mom cook a SECOND turkey dinner and the whole family plus the headmaster ate that together.

At one point, the score went OVER 90, oddly enough. I ended up with a perfect score even though I pretty much skipped the tour.

8. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Oh, wow, mine worked, and I didn't do any of that!

1st: Had Dad (high charsima points, he's a romance sim) schmoze
    2nd: while Dad had the headmaster in the LR talking, Mom cooked dinner. She has high cooking points, so she made Lobster
    3rd: Called Daughter in to dinner, the whole family sat down and talked while they had dinner
    4th: Dad offered a tour, which the Headmaster didn't really seem to want and then said the environment was not good for a child?? (She has her own room with a computer desk and all the toys!)
    I can't remember what the score was, but it was good enough to get her in. Mainly the dinner and the schmoozing was what worked.

9. Daizee

Daizee New Member

I had one family where the Headmaster wouldn't even come in the house. He just kept saying something like "this is no environment for a child" and would take off before they could get outside and greet him.:beard:

10. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

If there's no obvious signs of things like an scuzzy yard, this is a bug: You can make the Headmaster actually stay this time by immediately calling him again after he poofs into thin air like that.

11. Daizee

Daizee New Member

thanks, I didn't know that. I will have to go and try it.:p

12. BrynHilde

BrynHilde New Member

I didn't do any of the fancy dinners or formal clothes or anything...

I served... Spag Bol I think, he didn't really like the tour, but when my platinum A+ kid schmoozed him i was getting score +10 each time... !? So in the end it was ez. :bunny:

13. J. M. Pescado

I've had to approach the headmaster with a different strokes for different folks sort of approach. It all tends to vary depending on the circumstances: Assuming he's not bugged and he stays, rather than having to be called again, I've run everything from "being accepted before he ever made into the house", where I called him when I was already like best friends 100/100, and he pretty much accepted before the tour got past the castle gatehouse, to Potemkin Village approach where you move the +environment furniture from room to room, to simply seducing the headmaster.

14. BrynHilde

BrynHilde New Member

"...to Potemkin Village approach where you move the +environment furniture from room to room, to simply seducing the headmaster."

That seems a bit of hassle for the few benefits of Private School...

15. J. M. Pescado

Not at all. It's *HARD* getting kids some duds that don't look raggy-***. The cool uniforms alone make it all worth it.

16. Jakethedane

Jakethedane Man of the world

That seems to be the best way to do it. I generally invite on a day off, then get plenty of rest and all the basic needs filled. Then at 4.30 I begin cooking, something like turkey or even just spaghetti works. Then at 5, the headmaster arrives, I leave the cooking for a while, show him the rooms, and smooch maybe 4 times. Then back to cooking while hes wandering around, maybe h plays a game on the computer or something. At about 6.30 hes ready for dinner. Before this I usually have a rating of about 60/90, then if the food isnt burned and your cooking skills are above 5, then youll get about 90/90- 100/90.
    Tip: Make sure your house is cleaned. Everywhere. Even if you just had a plate standing on a counter , clean that counter. Make sure the toilets are clean, no magazines lying around, and so on.

17. J. M. Pescado

Don't let the headmaster wander around. Sometimes he'll get fixated on some sort of game, and will be unable to be dislodged, making it impossible to earn any points. Like all visiting NPCs, he should be held under constant lockdown at all times. You may actually want to cook the food to be finished BEFORE he arrives. If you only have one parent, use one of the kids to pin the headmaster down, so he doesn't run amok. Making friends with the headmaster is a good thing for a kid, anyway, it'll help in the future when he wants to get his kids in. :)

Definitely make sure the toilets are clean. Like all Sims, the headmaster has a thing for bathrooms. Since Sims are absolutely obsessed with bathrooms (just watch the behavior of any visiting Sim: They'll keep using your bathrooms over and over and over, way more than any reasonable bladder relief would possibly need!), the Headmaster, naturally, judges a family based on the quality and quantity of their bathrooms. Worship the Porcelain God.

18. Amories

Amories New Member

Heeeelp

when headmaster comes 2 my house it`s told that he doesn`t think that the family is good enough 4 his school.... :(
    Is it cuz they live in the small house or cuz the child is not good @ school????:confused:
    Help me pls =)

19. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

I don't think it's the size of your home, or the child's grades.

You might try what was suggested above, cleaning up the yard, putting out some flowers, and making sure that there are no unpaid bills in the mailbox or newspapers rotting on the sidewalk.

Also, maybe have something in the front yard that might impress the Headmaster, such as a telescope or a pool.

20. J. M. Pescado

All of these are total stabs in the dark. The real reason, as far as I can tell, is that the entire "headmaster appears out of car, immediately declares you unworthy, and teleports away without even getting into the car", is a bug. Pure and simple. Proof of this was that it happened on a perfectly fine house, and when I called him again immediately, he came back, and stayed this time, even though I had changed nothing.