Troubleshooting Help, Big Problem!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Diablox, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Diablox

Diablox New Member

Help, Big Problem!

My Computer,:D
    Windows Xp Home Edition Service Pack 2.
    AMD Athlon(tm) XP 1800+ 1,5GHz.
    Mainboard Leadtek WinFast K7NCR18DM/GM/DLM, Driver 5.10.(Newest Driver).
    1,2GB Memory.
    Saphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis, 128MB, Catalyst Driver 6.3.(Newest Driver).
    Hard Drive 80GB, Free 16GB.
    DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904).

I get to innstall The Sims 2 without problems, but the big problem is that when I start up The Sims 2 it crashes right after the intro movie is over, "The programmed has crashed, and will now shutdown", something like that, why:confused: .
    I also get an error when I try update the game with the patch,:confused: .
    :mad:
    I've also tried to run the game with -w and -nosound, dosent work either,
    but for about 4 months ago I could play it perfect without problems, had the same coputer then,....
    Can somebody help me, please????:confused:

2. nclint420

nclint420 New Member

o.k that is sounding similar what happen to me.... the movie window as in loading a house or family?? or when you start up?? cuz this is how to get rid of the movie

Go into Windows Explorer (Click the Start Menu... All Programs... Accessories... Windows Explorer)
    Click the + sign next to the following:
    The drive with the (C:) in it,
    Program Files
    EA Games
    The Sims 2
    TSData
    Res

Click on Movies on the left
    On the right there are two movies, ealogo_audio which is the EA "whisper" logo, and intro_eng_audio which is the actual intro sims movie.
    You can either rename or delete either/both of them. Renaming means you can easily put them back in the future if you want. Deleting means you can put them back but it means pulling them off the installation discs - messy.
    To rename, right click on either/both and click Rename, then call it something else, adding 'skip' to the filename will be fine.
    To delete, right click on either/both and click Delete to get rid of the movies.
    ........ if this doesn't work you gotta reinstall it

3. Diablox

Diablox New Member

No Luck

That dosent work either, the game still crashes:mad: , I ha unnistalle and innstalled it many times without luck, just crashes all the time....
    Anything else I can try?:)

4. athina_livadi

athina_livadi New Member

I had the same problem exactly. I have the Sims 2 for 1 and a half year and it worked perfectly 'till 3 months ago. Then the exact problem appeared. I was losing my mind over the game and I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it numerous times. I even formatted my hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP. Nothing happened, the problem occured. Then I remembered that my brother had Alcohol 120 and Deamon Tools in our 2nd hard drive which I left it as it was during the formation. I had the programs uninstalled but the files were STILL in my 2nd hard drive, creating a virtual cd-drive and preventing the game from running. I deleted the files manually, cleaned my drives, defraged them and installed the game from the start. Guess what! It runs perfectly, the Sims 2 and all my expansions.
    Check your drives for remaining files of programs which block the game.

5. krystalmoon15

krystalmoon15 New Member

:( not same problem but no forums talk about DirectX problems!

okay so i did everything it said to do on the computer
    it says i dont have DirectX 9.0c Compatible Graphics Adapter
    uuummmm..... I DO!
    Well i have directX 9.0c but no adapter, should i have this, how do I get it, ive been searching everyday ive had this (since monday)
    i have all that i need (it says so on the EAsy Info), except System memory, could that be the problem?

could someone email me, im (username)@yahoo.com
    i also have instant messenger! (username)