help deleteing custom stuff (mac)

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by karissa101, Aug 17, 2008.

1. karissa101

karissa101 Karisssa

help deleteing custom stuff (mac)

Ok well i still dont understand, soo someone told me what to do but i dont know how to get there like where do i go on my computer to delete all the custom stuff? instructions?/directions?

reps will be given:)

2. timothgallagher

timothgallagher New Member

Let's try this.
    - The Sims 2 likes to install itself in the HD disk, as opposed to getting to choose where to put the original sims. ( select the HD disk icon - and there should be a window and list.)

My guess is "Game Data" - select that folder.

There should be a list of folders such as "Skins" "Objects" "Walls / Floors"

- - - chances are, you will most likely keep a folder and a small .txt list of what custom content you downloaded, and the file name of each one of those. Then go to the Skins folder... and look for that file, and higlight this --- and just drag it out to the desktop to trash can.

Unless, this is a BIG if... the trash won't delete this stuff because a window says, "it's still currently in use." RESTART your computer again - AFTER you take the DVD Disk out of your Mac ... then try hitting the trash again... and the file should remove itself.

- - - this tends to happen if you download an item but it's ment to run for a Microsoft PC game and not the Mac. Suggest if you look for Mac Friendly sites, such as http://www.aroundthesims2.com

hope this helps.
    b.t.w. - remember to put the DVD back on, and wait to see if your game loads correctly or it suddenly stops. If that's the case - you might unfortunately have to delete it all, and reload everything.

Still, keep in mind with having a seperate folder (s) of content - so you can save time having to unzip files and shove them in their appropriate slots to reload the game.

T.G.

3. karissa101

karissa101 Karisssa

ok...

ok im in the folder area, but there is no skins, theres sims3D and i deleted everything in it and there was .txt left but when i went to play the game it was all messed up.

i fixed it and put everything back. but where is skins?

and i went to that website that i can download stuff and i downloaded things but when i try to put it into the packgae installer but it wont take it, so where do i put it for it to install to my game?:confused::happy:

4. timothgallagher

timothgallagher New Member

Skin Content - files are placed seperately.

Results may vary - if you use a P.C. that runs on Windows XP / Vista.

If you use a Mac OSX - you'll eventually discover that the list of expansion packs and the CASiE File is located together. --- especially true, if you try to download "custom skins" and try loading them on to the game.

The Bon Voyage Expansion Pack - which I purchased in Sep 2008 - seem to of "done away" with the download feature - and it's difficult to get skins as well as furniture objects.

So... I would guess, reload the game until you have SEASONS installed, then get your custom content... and then try to load Bon Voyage. My guess is that your custom content and download list will appear there.

T.G.