Troubleshooting Help..Getting mixed answers

Discussion in 'The Sims 3' started by sookielee, Jun 9, 2009.

1. sookielee

sookielee New Member

Help..Getting mixed answers

I realize that my system barely meets posted requirements, but I've gotten different opinions and I'm confused. Here is the results from the site can you run. (deleted their stated req.)

CPU
    You Have: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2400+ PASS
    CPU Speed
    You Have: 1.99 GHz Performance Rated at 2.40 GHz PASS
    System RAM
    You Have: 1023 MB PASS
    Operating System
    You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (Build Service Pack 32600) PASS
    Video Card
    You Have: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 (GeForce 6800) PASS
    Video Card Features
    Video RAM: You have - 128 MB
    Video Card 3D Acceleration: You have - Yes
    Pixel Shader Ver.: You have - 3.0

I do plan on buying an additional 1Gb of ram if I get the game. MTS2, told me my CPU was way under power and not to even bother, but the same member/moderator told another poster the same thing and they had a 2.6 Duel-core. I got to this site from simprograms.com and I have always trusted judhudson's opinion, so if he uses these forums that's good enough for me. :) Thanks a bunch!

Attached Files:

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

FOR WINDOWS XP
    Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
    2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
    1 GB RAM
    At least 6.1 GB of hard drive space with at least 1 GB of additional space for custom content and saved games
    128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0

What you have:

2.4GHz - okay
    1GB of RAM - Okay
    128MB Video Card

You can likely run Sims 3, BUT, you're going to be restricted to the lowest settings for the smoothest gameplay possible.

The reason possibly you might have gotten conflicting information is most likely a misunderstanding. The MTS2 Mod may have said that other use could play Sims 3 because he's running a DUAL CORE 2.6GHz processor where as you have a SINGLE CORE 2.6GHz Processor

As for that Can You Run It site, I don't trust it one bit. It's been giving a lot of misinformation.

3. sookielee

sookielee New Member

Thank you so very much! If/When I get the game I will upgrade to 2 Gb of memory. BTW: the MTS2 Mod, has been telling just about everyone that they cannot play the game.

At least now I can make an informed decision as to whether or not to shell out $50 to play a game at restricted settings. I will definitely be telling others that at this forum, they will be able to get fast and reliable answers to their questions. Y'all are the best!

4. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Upgrade the RAM and possibly the graphic card and it should be able to run rather nicely. The game shouldn't require too strong a processor.