How Do I Help! It says: Failed to enumerate any DirectX 9 graphic..

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by maykersje, Jan 4, 2009.

1. maykersje

maykersje New Member

Help! It says: Failed to enumerate any DirectX 9 graphic..

I've been on this for 3 days now. I spend hours on google, on drivers, on re-installing. I am totally ruining my vacation. Tell me everything you know. It will be appreciated more then you can imagine.

When I want to start up sims2 Bon Voyage it gives me this error:
    [​IMG]
    "Failed to enumerate any DirectX 9 compatible graphics adapters in this system!

Please make sure you have a DirectX 9 compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest manufacturer provided driver.

The application will now terminate..."

This is what I've tried so far
    I have updated my drivers. Not everything went well but I think I have the most important ones.

I have downloaded a new version of DirectX 9.

I have installed the Sims 2 Bon Voyage several times. It installed two times in a row each time I tried. Then my computer crashed and I had to start over.

I have bin through a hell of al lot FAQ's. Absorbed every letter.

That are the most important things I guess.

Thanks a lot. When I get the answer I'm gonna post it on a site or something because a lot of people have this problem.

Mayke [​IMG]

==System==

* Operating System: Microsoft Windows Xp Home Edition (5.1 Build 2600)
    * Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.80 GHz (2CPU's)
    * Memory: 1014 MB ram
    * Page File: 978 MB used 548 Mb available
    * DirectX Version: 9.0c
    * Dell Model Number: 5100

==Display==

* Name: Intel (R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
    * Manufacturer: Intel corporation
    * Chip Type: Intel (R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
    * Approx. Total Memory: 224.0 mb

* Main Driver: ialmrnt5.dll
    * Version: 6.14.0010.4543

==Sound==

* Name: Sigma Tel audio

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

If I had to guess I would say it the integrated chipset you have for your video display.
    What expansions and stuff packs are you playing with?
    Did you have this problem before you installed Bon Voyage?
    If you didn't have then more than likely you're overworking this poor old chipset.
    Considering all the shaders the game uses to display the game (including Pets and all the other expansions since then) I would not be surprised if this was the case.

3. sharkloverplayer

sharkloverplayer New Member

Get you a Nvidea or ATI Radien videocard.Most of these are compatible.The Nvidea 8800 is a great card.Most pc's have slots you can put these cards in.

4. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Yeah before we start suggesting a great card like the 8800 we'd have to know if their computer has a few needed things like a pci-express x16 slot and a big enough power supply to handle that.
    Plus the computer case may be too small a size to allow for the 8800 gt which is a fairly long card.

5. Flameback777

Flameback777 Josh's Servant Staff Member

Swmeek is right, many of the new graphic cards are too long and will dig into the HDDs if you have a small case.