How Do I help me please (ghosts and cell phones)

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by mylilbrianna05, Jan 14, 2008.

1. mylilbrianna05

mylilbrianna05 New Member

help me please (ghosts and cell phones)

I am wondering how i can save the sims from death and how can they see a ghost. i took one out that wanted to see one and he was right in front of her but he didnt see her. also, some of the sims wanted cell phones. i went to the community lots but they didnt sell cell phones or handheld games. please help me. thanks

2. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

1: To save your Sim from death they need to actually die in the presence of someone who has a high relationship score with them. The grim reaper will appear and use the alive Sim to click on the grim reaper and beg for the Sim's life. If there is a high enough score the Sim will beat the grim reaper in a game and your Sim that died will be back to life with the memory of being saved from death.

2: To get the memory of seeing a ghost they need to actually be scared by the ghost which is completely random. Just keep a floating ghost around and eventually it will pop out of something to scare the Sim.

3: Cell phones. They are on community lots, you have to go to one that has a kiosk in at the lot. It's like a self-pay vending machine type thing that you buy a cell phone, mp3 player, or a handheld game on.

3. mylilbrianna05

ive looked n the community lots but i couldnt find one.

4. jupitershana

You'll can either go to a community lot that's at the university or put a new community lot down that you build yourself. Or just go into a current community lot in build mode (directly from the neighborhood screen) and add a kiosk to it. Then go play your sims and send them to that lot.

5. mylilbrianna05

can you put in a code or something to not make them tired. they get too tired too fast and easy.

6. jupitershana

There are some cheats, which expansion packs do you have?

If you're not opposed to downloading I would also suggest Merola's Multi-Painting. You can use it to increase your sim's moods. http://www.simchaotics.net/Files/MerolaSims2/MultiPainting.htm

7. mylilbrianna05

the ones i have on now are university and nightlife.

8. jupitershana

Sorry...as you can tell from my ticker in my signature I've been a little busy off the website! :rolleyes: Here is what I've got for you though.

Since you have nightlife there is a cheat you can use. :D

Open your cheat box by hitting ctrl+shift+C

Type in: maxMotives --- this raises all needs for all playable and autonomous Sims on the lot to full.

If you don't want them to fall again, open the cheat box again
    type in : motiveDecay off (on to make it move again)-- this freezes the needs where they are. So if you have someone really tired they will remain really tired. Also if you do this while someone is sleeping they won't wake up on their own as their energy bar won't fill up.

If you want to do the same with their aspiration levels type: aspirationLevel # replace the # symbol with 0 through 5. 0= lowest possible, 5= platinum. To lock that in place type: lockAspiration on (off to make it change again)

Hope that helps!

9. mylilbrianna05

yes it did help, thank you very much

10. lilmoorman

lilmoorman New Member

how do you keep a floating ghost

11. buzaranha

buzaranha New Member

Keep how?

As for being scare by a ghost, what I think is really random is their appearance, but once they've appeared, being scared may be not that random: If you make your sim walk through the ghost, the ghost will disappear and right after that it will appear scaring your sim. This "right after" may take 2 or 3 seconds when nothing seams to be happening, but it will happen.

How do you make a sim walk through a ghost? Actually, you have to make your sim run through the ghost, as ghosts float faster than sims walk. That's easy with active sims: order your sim to run to a point that implies running through the floating ghost and stopping a little further. If this doesn't annoy the ghost, try it again immediately and again. But it will happen at first try 90% of the times. I am always fulfilling my sims' wishes to see ghosts this way (and how nice it is to see them running wild in the backyard, at night, running nowhere :D)

If your sim is lazy, let him/her stand, doing nothing, in a place where the ghost may pass… this will work, but not so often.