HELP! My downloads folder has been missing since re-installation of TS2!!

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Thinker, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Thinker

Thinker New Member

HELP! My downloads folder has been missing since re-installation of TS2!!

I was downloading custom content from that sims mod site like crazy. Then my game got sooo buggy that it wasn't fun to play anymore, trying to figure out which character I had to move until it would stop freezing. So I started over, promising that I'd only limit myself to a few essential downloads..but then I downloaded something and checked for my downloads folder and it wasn't there! Maybe its my Mac's way of punishing me for downloading too much for my sims 2 game..Either way I want the folder back!!

I heard somehwere that if you just stick a new folder called downloads in there it will work..but where should I put it in the order of folders? I put it at the bottom once and I tried to use it but sims 2 would immediately crash after I opened it.

Also..I already tried re-re-installing it and that didnt work either..no downloads folder again. Help?

2. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Hi :) Not sure if it works the same way on a Mac, but on the PC game you simply create a folder and name it Downloads, and put it in the Sims 2 folder. My downloads folder has been in different places - alphabetically or just at the bottom - each time I've reinstalled, and it works fine. When you first install the game, there is no Downloads folder, but if you double click on a package file that you downloaded, the game will create one for you and place the downloaded item in the folder. :)

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Hugz is correct. The downloads folder isn't made during installation but is created by Body Shop Custom Content Installer which is the program that is designed to open the Sims2Package files that Body Shop makes for sharing stuff on the exchange. However making your own Downloads folder is just as valid but sure to spell it correctly and use the correct letter case, thus: Downloads

4. dangerousgem

dangerousgem New Member

My guess is that it wouldn't crash if you spelt it wrong it would simply be ignored, you must have had a bad file in your downloads folder for it to crash to begin with if your game was working fine without the folder.
    If it was crashing without the folder there at all then thats a different problem altogether.

5. Thinker

Thinker New Member

Thanks alot...I was very confused..

Atleast now I know its when you try to open a .package file is when the folder is created...I used to think that the first time you opened the sims 2 you would get the downloads folder but I guess not. Im probably going to try sticking the downloads folder back in..or opening a .package file in bodyshop..