How Do I Help! Sims no longer related

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Jaine Blaize, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Jaine Blaize

Jaine Blaize New Member

Help! Sims no longer related

I'm playing Sims 2 University and I accidentally removed a dorm that had a brother and sister in it and put it in the house/building bin. When I realized what I did, I put the dorm back in the neighborhood, moved the brother and sister into the people bin and got rid of the dorm. But when I finally found a dorm to put them in, I noticed that they were no longer brother and sister! Even though they are shown as B & S in the family tree, their relationship level is 36 and 24 instead of 99 like they used to be and they have no family icons next to each others name. How can I get them to be related again??? :confused:

2. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

SimPE might have an option to fix this, have you tried looking into that program?

3. Kristalrose

Kristalrose Wakey-Wakey!

Ooh, Janie. . . .that's a big problem. If you look in SimsPE, you might find out that you have several different versions of the same people, and that repairing family ties will be very difficult.

I did something very similar once. I decided to build a new Uni campus in the same neighborhood. So, I packaged up my two active dorms and moved them to the new campus. While at college, they were fine, but when they graduated and went back to the main neighborhood, their family trees were screwed up. Some lots refused to load, and some lots crashed. I opened the neighborhood in SimsPE and sure enough, about 6 or 7 versions of the same Sims. In frustration, I deleted the neighborhood and started over. :( I'm not reccomending you take such a drastic step yet. See what can be done in SimsPE. But, be warned, don't package up lots and families because it can be very dangerous to your neighborhoods.

4. Jaine Blaize

Jaine Blaize New Member

Thanks!

Thanks for the advice KristalRose! I was just about to package up my Sims and do something similar to that.

As for SIMPe - I looked at the manual and I can only hope that the program is not as complicated as the manual leads me to believe!

Thanks Again! :)

~Blaize