HELP WITH SIMS UNLEASHED!!! be quick please

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by jonythunder, Apr 27, 2008.

1. jonythunder

jonythunder New Member

HELP WITH SIMS UNLEASHED!!! be quick please

Hi to everyone. i've bought the sims deluxe edition and unleashed. i have successfully installed sims deluxe, but my computer doesn't installs unleashed. when i press install in the title screen (at least i think that this is how it is called), my computer starts the installation process, but when loading the installer, a message appears saying that the install shield engine (ikernel.exe) could not be installed, and that the system failed to find the specified file. can anyone help me??? plz be quick

2. Judhudson

Judhudson is a Hi-Tech Redneck

This problem is usually difficult to troubleshoot as so many things/reasons could cause this to happen. First off, here are my suggestions that you can try:

* Copy all data from the CD's to a temporary folder on your harddrive and then install from there.
    * Make sure your Windows is up-to-date with its latests Windows Updates
    * Clean off your CD and make sure it is clean.

If those do not work for you, then try the suggestions from Adobe's technotes

Try the suggested troubleshooting steps below. One or a combination of the steps listed below may solve Ikernel and InstallShield installation issues.
    • If you are on a multi-user operating system such as Windows NT, Windows 2000 or Windows XP, the user account under which you are installing the application must have administrative rights.
    • Install the latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer. Installing the latest version of Internet Explorer updates the support files that InstallShield uses. See InstallShield's articleERRMSG: Ikernel Errors: Class Not Registered, No Such Interface Supported for more information.
    • Delete the InstallShield Engine folder and rerun the installer. Running a setup created with InstallShield recreates the engine directory and reinstalls the engine files.
      • You can usually find the InstallShield Engine folder in this location:
        C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\
    • Clean out the Temp directories. Follow these steps to determine the location of the Temp directories on your system:
      1. Run command prompt or MS DOS prompt. You can access the command prompt by clicking your operating system's Start button and choosing Run. Type cmd and click OK.
      2. At the prompt, type set and press Enter.
      3. Find the values for TEMP and TMP. These represent the location of the Temp directory on your computer.
      4. Go to the location of the Temp directory and delete all files and folders in it.
    • For Windows XP, try turning off error reporting.
      1. From the operating system's Start menu, choose Control Panel> System and click the Advanced tab.
      2. Click on the Error Reporting button.
      3. Select Disable Error Reporting Option.
    • You may also want to try other troubleshooting steps listed on this InstallShield article: Troubleshooting General Installation Errors - End User Version.
    • If the steps above do not resolve your issue, you may want to try installing the latest version of the InstallShield engine. You can do this by following the steps in this InstallShield article:InstallShield Professional Engine Update and Setup Player Update.