Troubleshooting Help with the sims 2 on laptop

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by cass_11_11, Jan 22, 2009.

1. cass_11_11

cass_11_11 New Member

Help with the sims 2 on laptop

I have a new laptop and my sims 2 doesn't play well it freezes when I create a new familly and I can just play in 1 neighborhood. I dont know if I have the right system requirements
    This is what my laptop has:

AS6920-6853LX.APD0X.117Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium; English/French OS (user must make one-time choice of language on first start-up); Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor T5750 (2MB L2 cache, 2.0GHz, 667MHz FSB); 2GB (1/1) DDR2 667 SDRAM; 250GB SATA hard drive; integrated Super-Multi drive; 6-in-1 card reader; Acer® CineCrystal 16.0" WXGA (1366 x 768) TFT display; Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3100; 802.11a/b/g WLAN, gigabit LAN, V.92 modem, webcam; six-cell battery; one-year limited warranty

I don't know if I provided the right things. And also I would like to know if I will be able to play the sims 3 ?

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

Okay does this version of Vista come with Aero?
    If it does find out how to disable it if it's running in the background.
    Next I would suggest you go to Acer's website and look for the most current video driver that's out and install it.
    Download it and uninstall the old driver first. Then install the new driver.
    Considering you playing on a intel graphics chip I'm not surprised you're having problems.