help

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Flameangel, Oct 13, 2004.

1. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

help

One of my sims dies i didnt see it happen and i dont know y... anyway i kept on playing then about a week after he died he popeed up as a ghost and started haunting my sims what should i do he's scaring the kids and ppl:confused:

2. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

You can identify his cause of death by the color and activities of his ghost.

If it's a whiteish ghost, he croaked of old age.
    A transparent ghost that occasionally ransacks your fridge starved to death.
    Blueish ghosts that urinate on your floor drowned to death.
    Green ones died of a disease.
    Pink ones died from another ghost.
    Oranges ones were mashed by falling space debris.
    Yellow ones were electrocuted.

Those are usually the most common causes of death. There are a few more obscure ones, like purple ghosts for flies, and red ones for fire (okay, this one isn't obscure, but it sure as hell doesn't sneak up on you: You WILL notice this happen!)

In any case, if the ghost regularly terrorizes your household, you can either sell his tombstone/urn, which banishes him for good, or get used to stocking up on clean shorts. Sims are cowards. If your household is mostly knowledge sims, you may be better off just going with the clean shorts option. Knowledge sims often like to see ghosts.

3. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

what do you mean more clean shorts? i tried selling his urn but it keeeps saying in use so it wont let me sell it

4. mglp

mglp New Member

The clean shorts was sarcastic; when certain sims get frightened, they wet their pants.

If someone is using your urn, you will not be able to sell it. If nobody is using the urn, then an error has occurred; you can use the Moveobjects on cheat, or you can save your game, go to the neighborhood and re-open you familiy and you should be able to delete it immediately.

peace

5. J. M. Pescado

J. M. Pescado Fat Obstreperous Jerk

If the ghost is currently manifesting, the tombstone/urn will be in use. I recommend waiting until morning before attempting to sell it, as if the tombstone is not present for the ghost to return to, he may stick around forever...

6. Flameangel

Flameangel New Member

thanx

i finally got rid of that nasty ghost now i only have burgakar problem :( oh welll i'll save up for a burgalar alarm.......thanx a bunch for your help