Heroes

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mirelly, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Heroes

Had to laugh last night. Watching Heroes and both Doctor Who and Mister Sulu put in appearances. I nearly sprayed my keema curry all over the TV screen when George Takei got into a limo and I noticed the car's number plate: NCC 1701 :rotfl:

2. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I don't get it. :eek:

3. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Wow. You're more of a geek than I am. :p

Didn't think that was possible.

5. JanYpe

JanYpe New Member

First time I watched Heroes I was quite surprised when Ecclestone showed up. His character wasn't unlike his Doctor, in the way he has to show a slightly clueless sidekick what's what.

I hadn't noticed the limo's numberplate though.:p

6. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL ... I'm not really that geeky, I just have this stupid ridulous [Sic] brain that stores huges amounts of unrelated, random, useless facts. And when I don't actually know an apt useless fact, I make one up, like wot I do in the count to a 100 thread.

Jan, Ecclestone is one of my favorite actors. He was by far the best ever Dr Who. I liked the comment of one Brit TV critic, who said of his peformance in Heroes, that he was refreshing in that he did not adopt "that silly accent that most Brits use when cast in US series" ... I wondered if that critic was thinking of Hugh Laurie ... or maybe that dreadful woman who was in Frazier (Jane Leeves, who was an Essex gal, innit, but spoke in what (I just learned) was supposed to be Mancunian, but I always assumed was meant to be Yorkshire.

Mind you, I can't imagine anyone, excpet possibly Russel Davies, having the nerve to tell Chris Ecclestone to do anything. I hope his Heroes performance brings him the bigger and better roles he so richly deserves.