High School Musical - Any Fans?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ManagerJosh, Apr 2, 2006.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

High School Musical - Any Fans?

Just wondering if there's any fans of the DCOM High School Musical? :)

2. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

I must not be because I have no idea what a dcom musical is. now if it has anything to do with My Fair Lady or the Music Man, then yes, yes, a thousand times yes.

3. ManagerJosh

DCOM = Disney Channel Original Movie :)

4. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Oh man, I hated that movie...no offense, though. :eek: I just thought it was so corny...and the main character, I forget his name, had the most disgusting eyebrows I'd ever seen. My friend said she wanted to rip them off. :D

5. alliekat

alliekat Insert quirky comment

Can't say I've seen it, and judging by 123's post, maybe I shouldn't. I am usually a fan of corny, so I might after all.

6. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

I thought it was kind of cute. I liked it a lot better than that awful Twitches movie.

The songs were pretty good and the dancing is fun. I like musicals. And I didn't hate his eyebrows, I thought he was cute. Though I thought the guy who played his best friend might have made a better main character.

He, at least, did his own singing.

Of course, I think anything that's not Barney is OK. I've seen a lot of children's programming these past few years and am thrilled whenever something isn't badly acted and sickly sweet. :p

7. ManagerJosh

LOL. Are you complaining about Zac Efron?

8. surprised_by_witches

No. I thought he was charming. I think Person 123 disagrees with me, though. :p

9. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

Again....eyebrows were disgusting. :vomit:

I also hated the girl's voice...it was so, well, sickeningly sweet. It's those kind of people that I want to slap in the face...:eek:

10. ManagerJosh

I actually don't mind Zac to be honest. He did a really good job in his role as Troy. It felt like he relates to Troy quite a bit.

11. slimsim

slimsim Often-Idle Member

I've only heard 2 of the songs from the movie. Was played at a function for my old school. They were catchy, but I'm not a big fan of Disney.

12. surprised_by_witches

Speaking as the mother of an eight-year-old, this musical is very popular with eight to ten year old girls. :)

But, like I said, I didn't mind it either. The songs are catchy, as you said.

13. ManagerJosh

lol.... i went out and bought the soundtrack..

on my to buy list...the DVD :)

Impossible, but Plausible Goal...get a minor/major role in High School Musical 2? :D

14. hataz_gon_hate

hataz_gon_hate Be Nice

i like ashley tisdale tho

15. alphaspot

alphaspot New Member

We're soaring, flying theres not a star in heaven that we can't reach, if we're trying.Yea we're breaking free.
    Yes i am a good fan of that movie.My favorite movie is spaceballs.

16. sugar_junkie

sugar_junkie Active Member

Lol
    my friends have gone psycho over that movie.
    couldnt be bothered to watch it though.
    =D

17. hugzncuddles

hugzncuddles New Member

Hi sugar_junkie :p

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I have heard the soundtrack and it's very good to listen to. :) I think I will buy it, if/when it's available here in the UK. I'm a sucker for sweet songs with nice lyrics, and light hearted boppy tunes. :D

18. alliekat

alliekat Insert quirky comment

It's gonna be on TV on Sat night down here. Am going out so I may have to tape it.