SimCity 4 Highways

Discussion in 'SimCity Legacy' started by sam_lawrence, Sep 16, 2002.

1. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Thanks Nina :)

2. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Your welcome Josh.:)
    When do we take the next *chesslesson*? I'm getting way out of practise here.. ?? ;):knockedout::classic: *lol*

3. ManagerJosh

Hehehe, probably when I'm less busy. I still need to get this site ready for the new site upgrades.

4. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Sure Josh.. I'm in no hurry at all.
    Good luck with the upgrades! *hugs*

5. reniusa

reniusa New Member

Back to highways..........

I always had a problem with SC3KU not using the highways. They were built correctly and put in heavy traffic locations. When I asked in sim chat, one of the mayors said they were aware of that problem.

I'm hoping SC4 will have this fixed.

I totally agree with Sam and Josh........the terrain options are outta this world, and the "My Sims" feature looks cool.

6. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Yes. Besides Unleashed I want SC4. Badly!!!

7. reniusa

reniusa New Member

hmmm........wonder how much it will cost? I think SC3KU was about $50 USD........I hope SC4 will be much cheaper. If not I may have to save for a long time. :(

8. Jake

Jake New Member

Nina, save cans for money ;)...and your pennies.. its as the saying goes: A penny saved is a penny earned!
    I had someproblems with highways in SC2000, couldn't build on hills and across water.
    I'm havin to save up for Deluxe.

9. ManagerJosh

I didn't have that much problems with SC3k...

10. reniusa

reniusa New Member

That was the only problem I had......I believe my city may have just gotten too large. :)

They are just so expensive (laying highways) that it was a big blow to only see a few people use them. Plus they kept screaming they were moving away cause of the traffic.

Who knows :D

11. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I think it was sim city 2000 that was the only version of that game I've played, but I couldn't figure out how to make the highways work in that at ALL. :p

12. reniusa

reniusa New Member

I have that, and played it long ago like 2 times, I downloaded the trial that is out there. (yes there was one and it was legal)

I then went out and bought SC3KU, but it was after that that I wanted the old SimTower, so I bought like a mega sim pack?

It had like SimCopter, SimIsle, Sim Safari, Streets of Sim City, and SimCity 2000.

LOL, I don't think I could play it now......don't remember how. ;)

13. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

Will Simcity 4 have highways that really work?

14. reniusa

reniusa New Member

Seems like they would work. :) They are spending alot of time on them at least. But I don't know for sure.

Hi lew.......heehee didn't know you were a member here. :D

15. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

I was....got my private message?

16. reniusa

reniusa New Member

Yup, got it :)

17. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

hehe Reni... my fault you see Lew here..
    Reni I had the old SC2000 too... those highways wotked... some parts with lots of traffic too. I t was a bit tricky to put the highways over water and hills.
    Dunno about SC3000 yet at all. Got SC3000WE as a gift the other day... Shall try it out asap.... hehehe.

What I've seen from SC4 the highways will really work.

Hi lew. Nice to see you're posting too ... :classic: *hugs*

(hops away)

18. reniusa

reniusa New Member

Hi Nina :)

What is the "WE" edition of SC3000? haven't heard of that one. It's cool you got it as a gift.....I need friends like that. ;D

19. ManagerJosh

World Edition was the international version of SimCity 3000 Unlimited, I believe.

20. reniusa

reniusa New Member

Oh, I see......thanks for the info. :)