Troubleshooting ...hm. 23% eh?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Kryp7onite, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Kryp7onite

Kryp7onite New Member

...hm. 23% eh?

I just purchased The Sims 2, 4 PC-CD disks, and of course, I'm having trouble. I run a brand new Asus mobo, with an AMD Athlon 6000 processor, 512 ram, and an nVidia 5500 GT. Of course, not the best set up in the world, but I don't have trouble...

I tried to install this game, 3+ times, but everytime, from anywhere about 10-30 minutes, it's stuck on disk one, 23%, at something called control1.dat.

It won't budge. What can I do to fix this?
    EDIT: I fixed that. I installed it. I double-clicked on the shortcut. Won't work. I re-installed with disks after uninstalling it. Same problem. When I double-click the Sims 2 shortcut, the error report window comes up. Hm. Now, I'm really confused. I know I have a 2.0 Gigahertz processor... so I DEFINATELY meet that... my soundcard is onboard, but HD. It works, and my Video card doesn't matter, because I have 2.0 gh. Still. It won't work.

Exactly what happens: Double-click on the Sims 2 shortcut. Problem report window comes up. Take out and put in disk 1. Error report window comes up. Please, help me out, and if there is already a thread, just link me to it please!!

[AppName: sims2.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.1022 ModName: ~df394b.tmp
    ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0008e86b]