Holiday Objects

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by FaeLuna, Oct 21, 2002.

1. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Holiday Objects

I got to wondering if anyone here HAS made or is PLANNING to make any Holiday related objects, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas and New Years are coming up in the American Holidays lineup, I'm not sure if there are any Holidays in November for people outside the US.

2. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

You can come in anytime right now rentechd to give us your holiday vision :)

3. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Hmmm. I've seen a lot of chatting about halloween at bbs - but I didn't really looked into it.

4. ManagerJosh

Let's get a halloween thread going..something spooky to be precise.

5. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

I started a Thread on Halloween before I started this thread... I hope you've found it and started posting there!! :D

I keep thinking I want to do something making Christmas objects, but I don't want to do more of the SAME stuff that everyone else has done all over the place already.

6. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Hmm.. seen the swedish goat?

7. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Swedish Goat????!!! I don't know that one... but now I want to make St Lucia (agg I know I'm spelling it wrong!!) wreaths to go on the head, if I could only learn how to do stuff like that... I don't know how to do stuff like tiaras, flowers, sunglasses, hats etc. that go on the sims head as part of the outfit....

So... what's a Swedish Goat??!!! :D

8. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

Santa Lucia. :classic: Her wreath have 7 candles too.. her maids are having plain wreaths. And a candle in the hand.
    She's dressed in a long with dress with long sleaves - covering the body and she has a red broad silkband knot around her waist

Sanata Lucia was a dark woman in Italy and she's now declared a saint. Why Sweden got the tradition I have no idea. Anyway. there's a lil bit about her. Santa Lucia is celebrated at dec 13 anyway
    good luck :)

9. ManagerJosh

I'm sorta lost on that concept Nina.......

Perhaps it is this late nite posting....

10. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

Um.... I know about St Lucia, I DON'T know about the "Swedish Goat" !!??? PLEASE tell me!! unless St Lucia IS the Swedish Goat???

"What is a Swedish Goat?" :p

11. ManagerJosh

could be.......but that would be a scary thought Fae.

12. Helén

Helén Posting Queen

LOL! Lucia a goat!!! Taht would be that day... No.. The swedish christmasgoat is a very old tradition. It goes all the way back to the vikings when people believed in Tor and Oden (the Asa-gods). :)
    Tor was believed riding on his goats. In real old days people dressed up (a little like halloween - but not for scaring only for fun). One person was dressed as a goat and people were singing and dancing and performing around the places. As a reward they were given food that was collected to a huge party later on.. During the 19th century the goat was delivering the christmasgifts in the wealthier homes.
    The christmasgoat is made of straw. It's an old tradition from the the 18th century and it's probably "born" in Sweden although you can find it in Denmark too. It was cheap and easy to do all sorts of nice things in straw. It's a common tradition in Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
    Today the christmasgoat has its given place under the tree. :):)
    Here is a picture of it as it should look:

www25.brinkster.com/aneth/julbock.htm

13. FaeLuna

FaeLuna The One and Only

heh glad I came back here to check this!! I'll have to wait for that site to be up again for the bandwidth restrictions to let me see it though! It sounds like fun, and definitely something different to make for a holiday object!! :)

14. lewdini

lewdini Moderate Sith Lord

A chocolate log cake would be nice

15. BabyaSim

BabyaSim New Member

I wou;ld like a birthday cake-and can anyobe do some Australian objets-like a esky frifge and a an aussire flag for The Sims 1.0/1.1 ONLY, because Australia day is 26 Jan?