Hot Date Sadness!

Discussion in 'The Sims 1' started by Jacqui, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Jacqui

Jacqui New Member

Hot Date Sadness!

Well I thought I would be the first to add something about HOT DATE.

After my daughter and I both got it for Christmas...over joyed we rushed to our computers only to install it and find that there is no sound.

Thats right we both have Windows XP. How angry are we to find that Maxis are not planning to do a patch for this?!!!! VERY VERY angry.

Do they not realise that there are lots of us out there that use Windows Xp also many new Pc's that are sold now have it.

Yes I feel cheated, but what are we to do? I have been to their site as I often do and can not find anyway to contact them....do you know?

I apologise to ManagerJosh as I sent him an e-mail venting my anger and it wasn't meant for him.

So go on tell us that we are the only two that have XP?? I think not.

I am looking forward to the new Sims that is coming out Vacation...heard of it...what do they plan for this one.....sound no picture!!

Ahh that is better, but still no sound!!!!:confused:

2. Blue_ghost

Blue_ghost Guest

it may be your soundcard. that may be the problem. i have seen many peopple with similar problems.

3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Re: Hot Date Sadness

Jacqui, do you know who is the manufacturer for your sound card? You could get a driver update for Windows XP. Not all drivers work with XP you know.

4. Jacqui

Jacqui New Member

HOT DATE

HI guys

Thanks for your replys so far. I have nothing wrong with my sound card, nor has my daughter on her pc.

This is what I got off the Sims site:

Is Hot Date compatible with Windows XP?

At this time Hot Date is not compatible with Windows XP and we have no plans that this time to make a patch for this.

So this is what I am on about that makes me angry? I wonder how many others are having the same problem?

Thanks again

5. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Benevolent Dictator Staff Member

Re: HOT DATE

Strange, where did you get that notice from? I've already talked to people at Maxis before and already confirmed ages ago that you should be able to play without any problems.

Did you set your game to compatibility mode as I recommended via email?

6. lworley

lworley New Member

i may have to edit this soon, microsoft makes me real angry.....

anyways. Because microsoft are the way they are, the new windows xp is *accidently* crap towards installed drivers. I remember upghrading i needed to download new drivers for everything.

Xp uses a new core system file which explains al the new drivers and everything so try these steps below and tell me what happens :)

1. Update drivers for sound card to add windows xp support (most important fixes 98% of windows xp problems)
    2.Set thesims compatability mode to windows 98 system files
    3.play on home edition

I heard from maxis that hot date works on home edition but being a regular on the sims chat i know that its unlikely to work on pro edition.

I agree 100% though all new computers now use windows xp and im guessing that vacation wil have xp support

please note the GUESSING :D

7. Jacqui

Jacqui New Member

Ahh sound no play!!

Hi All

Me again the one that couldn't get any sound. I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to all for trying to help me and you have no end.

I got my husband to have a look for some new drivers and they have worked. Even though my sound card etc worked fine for all my other things, but hey I now have SOUND!! Great a!!

Well now the silly programme keeps crashing on me...I think I am destined not to play Hot Date :-((((

I would look on the site for the reason why, but for some reason I can not get on to their web page, so f one of you kind people out there knows the reason why please...please pass it on to me.

I love this Forum.

Thanks again everyone for your help :)))

Jacqui

8. lworley

lworley New Member

didn't i say it was the drivers hehe :p

as for the crashing it could be one of many things for example it could be downloaded skins that have faulty cmx files, it could be faulty objects that you have dwnloaded and nt been recatergorized, it could be simply yoru registry messing with your game *glaes at bill gates* teh bets thing you can do is test run it, remove all the objects and skins that you have placed in teh game and see if it works if so, close teh game place each object one by one and run the game takes a long time but it works.

There are also technical problems that hot date runs into,, these are explained on the website which i know was down recently. So if teh site don't load try later, but they do have a extensive help section there

glad i could help :)