House brag thread

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by surprised_by_witches, May 2, 2006.

1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

House brag thread

Pictures of a house that turned out pretty spiffy, just thought I'd share.

So now it's your turn. A thread just for showing off our best houses ...

OK. Updated. My camera's wonky today. No fine motor movement. :D

So they're a little slanted.

Attached Files:

2. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

Anyway we can get some daytime shots? Even turning up my screen intensity doesn't let the details be seen very well.

As to houses, I'm pretty pleased with this one

Attached Files:

3. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Ooooo! Nice work, you guys! Love the pond, SBW, And the mansion looks elegant and homey...

And what a great setting, Kat! It looks like a home one would see overlooking the North Shore of Lake Superior - or perhaps on the coast of Maine!

Can't wait to get hone and pull out some of my creations. Great idea, SBW!!!

4. person123

person123 Frumpy McDoogle!

I'm always disappointed with all of my houses, so I just download ones from the Exchange. :eek:

Your house is very spacious, SBW. Mine are always jam-packed with furniture because I run out of space with new and better items once the family starts to make more money. I guess I'm too materialistic.

5. KatAnubis

KatAnubis Lady Staff Member

The lower part of the blue is water. This house sits on a high spot on a penninsula (the Kat City suburbs) surrounded by water. It's overlooking the "ocean" but it could be on Lake Superior or something like that.

I'm glad you liked it! (Unfortunately it's not one I can upload. The poor thing is on the largest lot available and won't upload to the exchange or even cooperate iin turning into a package. It's just too big!)

6. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

lovely... my house always seem to end up stuffed to the gills and barely livable.

7. Willow_Tara

Willow_Tara New Member

I don't have a picture of it, but I made this house look like a real castle (One story thought), it had stone walls etc, I really like this house, it looks good, now a Queen and King lives thier with thier parents and Princess Amberess, thier beautiful daughter.

8. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

No pics yet but I uploaded a pretty house

http://www.ultimateuploads.com/file.php?file=48cc7fc5fddf3ec02db3a9206e51d30a

It's hack free but there's some nice custom kitchen, bedroom and lounge furniture.

It's a 3 storey house with
    Foundation: Kitchen/diner, powder room, garage and homework nook
    First Floor: Master suite with his 'n her bathrooms, living room and powder room
    Attic: 3 single bedrooms and family bathroom
    Outside is a pool and a landscaped plot
    Price: $49,688 Requires: Uni/NL/OFB

I'll post some pics later.

9. surprised_by_witches

Thank you! Not all of my houses turn out so well. I built this one as you see it, unfurnished except for appliances and minus the outbuilding and swimming pool, and waited until I had sims who could afford it. I usually start from a small house and build outwards, which is fun too. I've made some cool houses that way, and some not-so-cool ones. The cottages you see across the street are meant to eventually have a second story, for example.

I've got seven people living in this house, so I needed to leave room for them to move. I don't mind a little clutter, but I hate it when my sims are always stamping their feet because they can't get around something.

So I give some thought to traffic flow, and leave space for them to walk. Also, I like lots of bathrooms. I hate bathroom traffic jams.

The building out front is their home business. (This is Alec, Jordan, Piper and Vyn's house, if anyone's interested.)

10. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Amen to that. I'm converting a lot of my sim's homes to have his 'n her bathrooms.

I've totally given up with the conventional staircases though. Does that double staircase of yours work? With seven in the house!

In my experience if two sims set off to go downstairs at about the same time they'll both decide to use same stairway and the last to arrive will do the stampy feet thing and then forget why he was going down anyway. :mad:

I now only use the modular stairs as each 4 step module is independent. With the OFB stage I also like to wrap them around a corner and it also means that they then only need a 3 x 1 hole in the upper floor (same as the whole staircases)

11. surprised_by_witches

So far, putting two staircases in seems to work, though of course you need a big house. I have another house with two completely separate sets of (single) stairs. Five people share that house and so far, no foot stamping has occurred.

Porter and Xena have a double staircase in their house, though, and even though it's just the two of them I sometimes get foot stamping, which puzzles me. I mean, they each have their own staircase!

Foot stamping usually happens when the maid is there, but even so ... (this was before they became vampires. Now, if they want to go downstairs they just fly.)

12. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Not the one I uploaded but this is my own fave house. I built it more or less as it still is, but it has been lived in and loved and minor changes have been made from time to time. It's footprint hasn't changed since it was built (the plot has some wicked slopes!) so some creative thought has had to go into maximising the square footage available. I have 7 in the house at the moment and another is on the way.

Attached Files:

13. surprised_by_witches

Oooh, I love it! Did I spot those his n' hers bathrooms on the second floor (your first, you Brit you)?

I especially like the kitchen/dining area and the extensive grounds. Very nice! It looks like a real house.

14. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Sadly those aren't his n' hers, one belongs to the pleasure son who needs his daily blast at the bubble blower before he can do anything :rolleyes: I am still mulling over how, exactly to redivide that floor without going wild. If the roofline needs changing things get complicated. I must admit that I really love tinkering with houses. I kind of just slap them down anyhoo and then juggle around later as the money rolls in. I also hate flat plots ... :rolleyes:

15. AlisonSBurke

AlisonSBurke New Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:

*chokes on brekky*

Uh.... wow!

Edit: Ok, the eek eek eek think looks very stupid, it didn't work...

16. cheeseygrin

cheeseygrin New Member

this is the only house i have made and im very proud of it - inspired by a picture in an american victorian homes book. the interior isnt finished because the house cost 96,000 and my sims ran out of money, but right now im thinking a classic, subtle 60's/mod interior, because traditional victorian interiors arent really to my taste
    here are my screenshots ;)

by the way i couldnt get the attachment button to do anything on thsi forum so i had to use an outside host - hope thats ok :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. mEtAlHeAd

mEtAlHeAd O RLY??

Ill be uploading one soon,

SBW NICE HOUSE!!!

My ones alwasy turn out looking like junk :( i can never do anything right :(

18. surprised_by_witches

Thank you! It just takes practice. I've made some ugly houses, too.

I like your house, Cheesy. Do you have floor plan views?

19. suitemichelle

suitemichelle Gramma's here!

Very cool cheesey.... but what? ran out of funds....? You mean you don't play with motherlode?

20. cheeseygrin

cheeseygrin New Member

here are the floor plans
    ground floor
    [​IMG]
    second floor
    [​IMG]
    and attic
    [​IMG]
    and this is a picture of the house that i was inspired by - see a tiny resemblence?
    [​IMG]

michelle i used motherlode once and i got completely addicted and the game became very boring. to me it feels more satisfying to renovate or buy clothes or whatever with earned money, if only i had such self control to save in real life :rolleyes: