House Crashes After Playing for a Few Minutes

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by surprised_by_witches, Jul 24, 2006.

1. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

House Crashes After Playing for a Few Minutes

I've got six sims living in a house. I play it for a while and then it crashes. They're all romance sims with active social lives.

Usually my lots crash on loading if they're bad, but this one crashes no matter how carefully I play (not letting everyone talk on phone/use macros at once).

Has this happened to others? Can I just use the lot debugger, or do I need to move? One of my sims is pregnant so I'm hesitant to move her but it will probably be OK. I've done that before.

This lot was buggy in a different way before: it got the "get job with computer/lose free will" bug that only I seem to have. I used the lot debugger (Thank you, JMP!!!) and all seemed to be well.

Anyone? Help?

P.S. I haven't downloaded anything new in a couple of weeks. This lot started crashing yesterday.

P.P.S. It was a big house (see house brag thread) so I removed the top floor, played for a while, then crashville. I didn't play after that. Could it be the roof changes? I had a fancy cone roof on the tower but deleted it and put in an auto roof, thinking that was too much for the lot.

2. djslippyman

djslippyman New Member

try a different lot and see if it still occurs. that should decide if its the lot or the game.