How Do I How do I backup my game?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lorelei92950, May 28, 2010.

1. lorelei92950

lorelei92950 Member

How do I backup my game?

I thought I understood this, but even though my backup system automatically backs up everything once a day to a remote device; I cannot find my recent Sims videos, etc..

The only videos I CAN find are ones from 2 months ago and those are on a remote device. When I lost my neighborhood somehow a month ago I went to look for the backup and never could find the most recent stuff. My characters were all gone, all my houses etc. So I uninstalled everything (since Pleasantview was gone along with all citizens) and reinstalled everything. Of course the game characters were there, but I had most of them in the bin previously and the neighborhood was peopled by my own created Sims. Those were gone forever evidently. I actually cried like an idiot. (You get attached to the Sims you create yourself!)

When I look in EA Games on my C drive. This is what I see: Sims 2 (which I had to reinstall when I lost everything), The Sims 2 Seasons (same here), The Sims 2 Freetime (added after I reinstalled the first 2) and The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden stuff. When I look under any of these I see:
    CS Bin
    Support
    TS Bin
    TS Data
    eauninstall
    filelist
    Sim2 EP9
    Sim2 EP9 Uninstall

Nothing else in there. So I don't even know where my Sim game files are to back them up. I tried copying EA GAmes to a new file in my remote device and the same things are in there, no lots no videos. So I don't get how to do this at all. What's the diff between copying files to something and backing them up? I can't find an option to "backup" EA Games when I look under "My computer", only an option to send it somewhere or copy it to a CD or drive.

2. swmeek

swmeek I got your benevolent dictator pal!!

the data that you would back up would be in the My Documents/Ea Games/Sims 2 folder.