How Do I how do I.... [community lot related]

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by Antaine, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Antaine

Antaine New Member

how do I.... [community lot related]

Hey. I'm making a neighborhood that's a quaint Irish village.

In it I've built a community lot that is an old church.

I need to know how to place residential lot items in a community lot (like piano, some appliances, etc)

I need to know how to place a sim on the lot - much like the cashier at a store - I need to attach a priest sim to the lot.

how do I edit/create my own clothes?

I'm running Sims 2 for Macintosh (no expansions) on OS X 10.3

2. Cassiepeia

Cassiepeia New Member

You can't add a priest to the lot. If you add a cash register a staff member will automatically be placed there when you take your sims to visit the lot, but you can't place a custom made NPC there.
    However if you create the church on a residential lot and create a sim to act as priest there. All you'd have to do is make sure that priest becomes familiar with everyone in the neighbourhood (will take time but is no an impossible task) and invite everyone around for 'church' when you want. :D

I can't help you with the clothes sorry.

Cass.

3. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

There are lots of threads on how to use body shop ... you should do a search.

4. Antaine

Antaine New Member

oh, i know how to use it to build sims...but not to make custom clothing. for some reason, the nun clothes downloaded okay, but the priest clothes wouldn't decompress.

the candle rack is, for some reason, residential only )=

5. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

What I did when I wanted a church in my neighborhood is I created it as a residential lot. I then created a vicarage for the minister next to the church.

The main thing I used the lot for was for weddings, so I also had a little guest suite in the vicarage. Then I'd have either the bride or groom move in, and then I'd throw a wedding party. After the wedding, I'd move the bride and groom out, so the church was ready for the next happy couple!

By the way, your Irish village sounds lovely! I hope you are planning to share pictures!