How Do I how do i get custom content to show in CAS?

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by lilspike2231, Jan 15, 2008.

1. lilspike2231

lilspike2231 New Member

how do i get custom content to show in CAS?

nothing i download, pets, skins, eyes, hair, clothes, is showing up in the create-a-sim. What do i do to get the stuff working?:confused::hissyfit:

2. willowsmum

willowsmum New Member

Is your custom content showing up in the game? If not, it could be that you havent set the custom content to show up?

when your first load the game, you get the option to allow custom content or not, say ok to this and the game will continue to load.

now click the icon with the three circles on it [options -F5] and go to the icon which looks like two cogs [Game Options], in the top middle of this page you'll see the option for 'catalog display custom content', make sure this is ON.

Also i have to put all my clothes and skins into the SAVED SIMS folder not the DOWNLOADS folder otherwise it wont show up in my game. Note, you cannot use sub folders in the Saved Sims folder like you can in the Downloads folder.

also sometimes when you upload new custom content and start the game, the content doesnt show up the first time you load the game and you have to come out and load it again for the content to show up.

finally, as im sure you know some custom content needs new meshes, if you havent got the mesh the item wont show up in your game. If it's just a recolour of a maxis mesh then it shouldnt be a problem.

If, however, your content does show up in the game but just not in your CAS screen then i dont know why that would be. sorry.

Hope this helps.

3. lilspike2231

lilspike2231 New Member

that's just it. i figured out the pets, i just stuck them in the pet breeds folder. But as for the skins, eyes, clothes, and hair, none of these show. they are all on the downloads folder. all of my other things work, just not in CAS