How Do I How Do I Get Into Private School??

Discussion in 'The Sims 2' started by hatchi12, Feb 26, 2006.

1. hatchi12

hatchi12 New Member

How Do I Get Into Private School??

Hi everyone! I just recently started playing sims2 (more of got addicted to sims2 LOL) but yea anyways i need help in getting into private school for my kids... It's driving me nuts! Everytime I have the headmaster come over I cant seem to impress him enough! I need tips! Please help me??? :confused:

2. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

He can be tricky sim to keep focussed can that pesky headmaster, can't he?

Here's my advice.

Only invite the HM when you will have two sims available at 5pm who will be refreshed (no needs in the red) and with one who has at least 5 pr 6 cooking points and the other has at least 5 or 6 charisma points. (If you let toddlers play with the pink Wabbit toy they accumulate loads of charisma which is kinda handy).

Have the the charisma 'kid' take the HM on a tour of the house (Entertain >> Give Tour) while the cook prepares dinner (make sure the cook only attempts something they have cooked before or burning might occur :eek:) On the tour show of the best 3 rooms. Best equals the best apointed. If you have a 3 by 3 bathroom with the most expensive toilet and bath plus a sink a light and a window that will do for one and give you an instant 10-15 house tour points. Likewise if your kitchen has the best fridge and other appliances that's a good place to end the tour (after showing him the room ... obviously ... :p ) because the HM will be in the same place as the food when you call him for dinner (Entertain >> Call for Dinner). If you think you're gonna need shmooze points cos the tour scored less than 40 points then watch to see which sim has the same interests as the HM during dinner and get them to shmooze him after he finishes eating

3. hatchi12

hatchi12 New Member

private school

Thanks! I'm going to try that later when I get home! Wish me luck! (LOL) :D Btw, so I need to get the kid to go to certain rooms first then click on the HM to follow me? Is that how it goes? Coz I need to this right coz my eldest kid really wants to go to private school and thus becoming bratty and depressed... hahaha!! I can't believe how addicting sims can be!!! (LOL)

4. surprised_by_witches

surprised_by_witches Sleep deprived

Choose Entertain/Give tour. Then go to a room and click on the kid. You should get an option to "show room." Or maybe you click on the headmaster, can't remember, as I'm at work right now.

Pause the game and click on each of them and "show room" should be an option if you've chosen "give tour."

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

LOL Once the HM has been invited to tour (he says that he thinks a tour would be lovely) you just go to the room you want to show him and wait for the old fool to follow ... note that he takes his time, so the best room to show him first is the one nearest to the front door :rolleyes: when the HM turns up you click on him again (I always do this with the tour giving sim selected -- meaning the one with the plumbob s head -- tho I am not certain it matters) and choose show room ... if the rooms is really good he'll go crazy with cheering if it's a dump he'll shrug and look uninterested.

Don't try and show him a room he's walked thru cos he'll just say he's seen it already ... and you don't get points for rooms he looks at without being "shown". I once tried to show him the front garden and he said he'd seen it already ... aha! me thought, being sneaky, so I dragged him round to the separately fenced off back garden and showed him that ... too bad cos he's seen that as well. though whether that was thru the windows or over the fence wasn't certain :rolleyes:

6. surprised_by_witches

Yeah, open plan houses, like I like to make, don't impress him as much as ones with separate rooms. I had a very cool house I made that had an archway leading to the kitchen and everything else was all one big room except the bath, and he wasn't that impressed despite the fact that my sims were rolling in goodies like plasma TV and the best kitchen you could buy.

I ended up taking him upstairs, where he got scared by a ghost.

Oopsie.

Just a tip: Avoid showing him the upstairs if you can. He just gets stuck up there for some reason, at least that's been my experience. Three or four rooms on the ground floor are safer.

I suppose you could cheat and add one before he comes over if you have houses like mine. :rolleyes:

7. hatchi12

hatchi12 New Member

yaaaaaayyy!! my kids got into private school except for the toddler one (who grew up last night btw...) so i guess i have to do everything all over again!! and yes i do agree that he is stuck up... arrggghh! i hate him! :mad: hehe... and thanks for the tip SBW, im going to try and add some more rooms downstairs before i invite him...

anyways, i have another question for all you 'sims2' jedi masters... hehehe... my mommy sim wants 10 kids but everytime i get her pregnant her fear is to have a baby (im so confused and frustrated!!) i guess that's why she's gone cuckoo 3x already! (thank God for the shrink that flies in...)
    any tips on how i can prevent her from going crazy?? :)

8. Your Mom

Your Mom Simaholic ;D

I don't know about that but I have a little tale about getting my sims into private school.
    I had a child (Sherry Onion) who I wanted to get into private school, so I invited the HM over. Everything was running smoothly- I gave him a tour of the house, and he seemed pretty pleased with it, until it came to dinner. I got Sherry's grandmother, Gladys, to cook a turkey (I always find the turkey helps ;D) but halfway through cooking it Gladys's husband and Sherry's grandfather, Rory, died in the bedroom! Of course everyone rushed in and started crying, but Gladys hadn't finished cooking so the turkey caught fire! I was so annoyed because whenever I tried to make her go back to her cooking, she would run up to Rory instead. Grr...
    Needless to say, Sherry didn't get in. XD
    (Doesn't matter now, as she's now married with her own children. Now I want them to get into private school...)

9. hatchi12

hatchi12 New Member

oh nooooooo!! hehe but good luck on getting your kids into private school.

but im just curious as to how they look on how they die... ?? im so scared for them to die...

i added more rooms to my sims house btw, il take pics and post it up here...

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP!!

10. Mirelly

Mirelly Active Member

Love your tale, Chenee! I had a grandma die on me only yesterday while the HM was present. I thought she was due to go cos she was 82, so I made sure she finished cooking the turkey before 5pm. I had 40 tour points (3 rooms inc. kitchen where the food was, 12 schmooze points cos gran'pa has max charisma and can't help it even though he only actually greeted the HM before rushing the old buffer through a whistlestop tour). At least Granny waited till she'd eaten before popping her clogs and by the time HM noticed Grimmy with his big book and retinue of Hula-Hula girls he'd already yummed-up Granny's turkey as a 45 pointer so the deal was sealed ... he just had to stand around for like half and hour waiting for gran'pa to stop wailing for long enough to have his hand shaken in congratulations.

The funny part was that by the time the HM got to say he was impressed the score had fallen to 88 due -- presumably :rolleyes: -- to the negative waves coming off grandma's urn ... so that was a first as far as I was concerned. Got two kids into private school on a score that appeared to be 88 :eek:

11. hatchi12

hatchi12 New Member

hahahaha!! that is a funny story! my first ever sim couple just got old... im scared that they'll die. hehehe!! but yea thanks for the entertaining story mirelly! :D

12. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

Very funny stories! Poor Grandma and Grandpa! That's what I love about this game - you think you've got it it all planned out, when somewthing unexpected (and often funny) happens...

Anyway, here is another tip regarding getting into Private School. It is especially helpful when the house isn't that impressive to begin with...I buy the most expensive painting my Sims can afford, and hang it in the first room the Headmaster will be shown on the tour. I also try to have the tour guide and HM standing near the expensive painting when the guide "shows" the room. I then have them move to the next room, but before selecting the "Show Room" action, I move the expensive painting into that room! Works like a charm! Just remember to sell the painting back before midnight!

This trick has worked for me even for a family living in a three room shack - where one of the rooms was a bathroom!

I also have a Family Sim who does that...She will be expecting a child, and one of her Aspirations will be "Have Baby" for 8000 aspiration points...but then one of her fears will be "Have Baby" for negative 5000 points!

The best way I have found to get rid of her fears BEFORE the baby is born is to distract her with a LOT of attention from her husband. He's crazy about her, so it's pretty easy to get him to flirt with her, kiss her, make out with her, and, of course, as much WooHoo as possible! That seems to do the trick...Pretty soon the "Have Baby" fear is replaced by other fears, such as "Death of Christopher" (the husband), or "Be enemies with Christoper." And when the baby is finally born - Intant Platinum mood!

13. jupitershana

jupitershana Kitty Fanatic!

Lol, no wonder she wants 10 kids ;) , she probably thinks the only time her husband is really crazy about her is when she has a bun in the oven! :rolleyes:

14. surprised_by_witches

Hoo boy, we're ascribing waaaay too many feelings to these little pixelated people, LOL. I'm just as guilty as the next person.

As for dying, don't worry, hatchi. It's fairly peaceful for them, usually, and Grimmy is a bit scary but no big deal. He's kind of funny, calls on his cell phone for body disposal, and if they've had a good life they get sent off with hula girls. There's a picture in the first post of my "who's who in Porta de Luca" if you'd like to see what it looks like. Tyson's being sent off in style.

If the person is the last one in the house Grimmy stays around and uses the toilet and you get a bio of him before he departs, which is also amusing.

Yeah, my favorite is my gay family couple who constantly feared adopting kids no matter what I did. Hello? You're FAMILY sims. Aren't you supposed to want kids? I made them have three anyway. I'm so mean.

I have noticed that popularity sims want to get married and have kids, but not in huge quantities. Usually it's the man who wants the kid and not the woman, though. Go figure. :rolleyes:

I've been playing a lot of popularity sims, lately. I'm developing an appreciation for them. They may be the most "normal" of the lot.

15. Sacharissa

Sacharissa New Member

TOO True! That's why I have a really hard time killing them off - at least on purpose...(I don't mind so much if they die of old age - especially if they've lived a good life!) I had one storyline going when I first started playing Sims 1, which involved a lovely and innocent young woman who lived in a charming cottage (complete with white picket fence) who had very bad luck with husbands, they kept having fatal accidents! Finally, Mulder and Scully were sent in undercover to try and find out why the family plot kept sprouting tombstones...It all ended with Scully arriving home from work to discover Mulder and my Merry Widow flirting in the cemetery...Scully may have been trained as an FBI agent, but my little widow was apparently tougher than she appeared...she soon sent Scully packing!

After that, I couldn't bring myself to "allow" a mysterious pool or fireplace accident to happen to Mulder, so the two of them were allowed to live happily ever after in their Rose covered cottage...

16. surprised_by_witches

I know exactly what you mean. In my first neighborhood I killed off a few sims I didn't like ... I don't think I could do that in Porta de Luca, even to Solange. I do have a couple of sims that should be elders by now, though. I even have a hard time doing that!

17. hatchi12

hatchi12 New Member

well i sort of stopped playing that family for a while on account that i just started a new family with a single mom and her daughter named chanelle. I'm trying to make a story for them and I'll post them soon once I have enough material already. He he he! I was inspired by porta de luca and I,sim stories and the curtains up story that I went ahead and woke up the inner author in me!! hahaha!!

Thanks for the inspiration!! ;)

p.s. i'll take a look on the dying pics SBW, so i wont get traumatized just in case that happens to my old sims. haha! im soooo affected i cant believe it!! seems like they're real people to me! hehehe! do you guys feel the same way as i do? or im just getting too attached? hehe! :rolleyes:

18. surprised_by_witches

Yes, I am way too attached. I almost lost Raj Delacroix one day to a pizza delivery and I couldn't believe how upset I got.

I've since realized that death makes a story more interesting, and besides I've got two sims with resurrect-o-trons and between them they know most of my sims. So I do have options should someone die.

But I am very attached. I had a glitch that almost killed Porter, who's one of my favorites. That was upsetting. And Milo losing her face wasn't fun, either, though my husband thought I should have left her that way. He thought invisiface girl was cool.

To each their own. :rolleyes:

I'm glad our stories have inspired you. That's what they're meant to do. Well, that and hopefully entertain as well.

19. Dee

Dee New Member

Whenever I invite the HM around I get a buffet table and set plates of turkey on the table so I know there won't be any burning and I always get a good mark. Show the HM all your favourite rooms with the most expensive things in and make sure someone eats with the HM. it gets up food and schmooze points. Schmooze has never worked for me so I always chat to him instead. This hasn't ever failed me yet.